autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Will rapid extreme temperature change effect paint or clearcoat? Dent removal technique question

I have a small 2 inch dent (no crease-more like a shallow impression) on the back of my brand new mini-van. I saw a few demos of a "trick" that seemed to work on certain kinds of dents, but it involves a hair dryer and can of C-O2 (air in a can you clean your keyboard with). They would heat the dent for about a min and then spray it with the cold C-O2. Would this damage the paint or clear coat?

One example-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Mn3YWIaCg]YouTube - DentRepair[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will rapid extreme temperature change effect paint or clearcoat? Dent removal technique question

As far as going from hot to cold, no it will not have a negative effect on your finish. Having said that, I would be a bit cautious as to how long and close you hold the hair dryer next to your paint. Especially if its plastic/fiberglass

Neat video. I'm going to try that first chance I get. I would imagine it works better on a fresh dent

G L

Flash
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will rapid extreme temperature change effect paint or clearcoat? Dent removal technique question

I'd be interested to know how well it works. I have a small dent on my hood and it's right on the very front where it curves down to the grill. Unfortunately the metal is at it's thickest there and I doubt this would work, but if you have some success I'll give it a try.
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic