autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: paint chips

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

paint chips

My 2007 Avalon has come a long way since I purchased it in June of 2010.Thanks to the products & advise here at auto geek.I am learning as I go.I have all these little pin hole type stone chips on the front end.Not the hood.just below that along the whole front of the car.some were touched up before I got the car.I tried all I know,but after a time the chips look worse.seems to be like the wax gets white sfter a time in these little chips.other then a re-paint what can I do ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint chips

Quote Originally Posted by lvmyavalon View Post
    My 2007 Avalon has come a long way since I purchased it in June of 2010.Thanks to the products & advise here at auto geek.I am learning as I go.I have all these little pin hole type stone chips on the front end.Not the hood.just below that along the whole front of the car.some were touched up before I got the car.I tried all I know,but after a time the chips look worse.seems to be like the wax gets white sfter a time in these little chips.other then a re-paint what can I do ?
    I have heard pretty good things about Dr. Colorchip. I have not tried it myself but, give it a try. 60$ is a hell of a lot cheaper than a repaint

Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair, repair paint chips, touch-up paint, Doctor Color-Chip Paint Chip Repair

Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint chips

Quote Originally Posted by STI4Life06 View Post
    I have heard pretty good things about Dr. Colorchip. I have not tried it myself but, give it a try. 60$ is a hell of a lot cheaper than a repaint

Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair, repair paint chips, touch-up paint, Doctor Color-Chip Paint Chip Repair
    I've used Dr. ColorChip on a black Hyundai and can vouch for it's effectiveness and ease of use. On some of the larger chips a traditional touchup and sand job would probably be as effective but DC works great on a peppered front end. With chip rash it isn't practical to try and touch up each spot, their method of smearing the paint on with a t-shirt and then removing the residue from non-chipped surfaces works well. Not perfect but it passes the 10ft test.

TL