autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: garage washing

Post Thanks / Like

garage washing

Would everyone please share whether or not they wash cars inside of their garage? I had my garage painted and now my walls are turning yellow. I am assuming this is a product failure because i cannot wipe it off, and it is spread in a routine fashion in joints and around trim. What paint products do you recommend for your garage if you do inside washing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: garage washing

I don't do traditional washes in my garage because I have a small 1 car garage. I only will do ONR washes in there. I typically will spray the car down outside with my pressure washer then bring it in.

If I was to have a garage big enough to do a traditional wash I'd probably use an exterior paint on it since it is meant to with stand the elements.

Post Thanks / Like

I do ONR in the garage. When doing a traditional wash, I wash outside and pull the car in while drying it.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I only do a Rinseless Car Wash inside my garage.

If you're performing traditional wash then you need to be sure the wall material won't be affected by water and the paint must be a water proof variety...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Probably need to put up some green board in there too (mold/mildew resistant). Same stuff used for bathrooms.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an oversized two car garage and the walls were painted with an exterior satin paint. I just got off the phone with a rep and they told me that the product used is made for exterior extreme conditions and what I could be seeing is the fungicide bleeding out since its time released. So since I don't have rain/snow/sleet hitting the inside of my garage walls the fungicide is not going anywhere. Suuuuuck. And the paint company that painted my garage is now not willing to help me redo my yellow walls and laughs when I call them and says things like "give me a break" and "it is what it is" The paint manufacturer doesn't recommend this product for PROTECTED use. They recommend a high quality interior paint like used for bathrooms that has mildew resistant properties but not near the potency of exterior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jslym777 View Post
    I have an oversized two car garage and the walls were painted with an exterior satin paint. I just got off the phone with a rep and they told me that the product used is made for exterior extreme conditions and what I could be seeing is the fungicide bleeding out since its time released. So since I don't have rain/snow/sleet hitting the inside of my garage walls the fungicide is not going anywhere. Suuuuuck. And the paint company that painted my garage is now not willing to help me redo my yellow walls and laughs when I call them and says things like "give me a break" and "it is what it is" The paint company doesn't recommend this product for PROTECTED use.

Wow that sounds like a bad situation. Nothing like having a company laugh in your face when your looking to them for some help or guidance. Maybe they should have told you this when they painted the garage?!

Post Thanks / Like

not only are my walls looking terrible but the painters just did a horrible overall job! overspray on the foundation block, mudding areas already cracked, they painted parts of the metal braces holding the garage door, the wood trim is beige (who wants white walls with beige trim?) Has anyone here ever gone after a company for doing unsatisfactory work? HAHA remember all of this when you are working on customer vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jslym777 View Post
    not only are my walls looking terrible but the painters just did a horrible overall job! overspray on the foundation block, mudding areas already cracked, they painted parts of the metal braces holding the garage door, the wood trim is beige (who wants white walls with beige trim?) Has anyone here ever gone after a company for doing unsatisfactory work? HAHA remember all of this when you are working on customer vehicles.
    I've never had to go after a company for work on my house but I've threatened to go after an auto dealership for messing up my car. Back in the day. Long story short nothing came of it. Basically most of these companies could care less about their customers (not all obviously). Once the job is done and they leave they are no longer responsible for anything.

I like to operate in the complete opposite fashion. My customers are what drives my business. I can't do a bad job and expect that person isn't going to go tell someone I did a bad job. I want 100% satisfaction before their car leaves me. If they are not satisfied then I'm not happy and will do what I need to do to ensure that customer does not leave me with a bad taste in their mouth. And if they leave and find something I missed or something they are not satisfied with I always ensure I fix it asap. Customer service is key to running any successful business.

Post Thanks / Like

I will surely be contacting the better business bureau for the way they have treated me on the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast