autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clear coat too warm?

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    A4 lost me right after "from a..." LOL...

You learn something new every day...
    Yeah this stuff isn't for everyone but I just can't get enough. Probably my subconscious compensating for not paying ANY attention K-12, seriously. There is a lot of "common knowledge" that I'm embarrassed to not know...

Here's my view. The thing is, is that no one really needs book smarts anymore, there is not much need to memorize countless pieces of trivial information. You can just Google or Wikipedia search all the information you could ever need, it's all in your pocket.

I'm not at all saying that kids should not be educated, quite the contrary but there needs to be a shift in priorities. From mundane memorizing of a little bit of everything to truly stimulating and encouraging the interests and talents of the youth. So what if I'm not interested in History, someone else will be completely enamored with it and will want to know and preserve it. There is a problem here, too many people struggle through life, focusing on their weaknesses trying to be better at something they are not talented at, whats the point? That sounds miserable. Seems much more logical to me to exploit your talents and run with it. Enjoy what your good at, "Find something you like and use it often" could apply if you twist it a little

Again, IMO. What people do "need" is an understanding of the world around them, how to communicate and interact with people etc.. This stuff is not taught very well IMO. Oops... huge off-topic opinionated rant.

Post Thanks / Like

^Totally amazing post there!!

I was reminded of my physics class!! but your version was way too interesting!!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome guys! Of course you are talking to someone that still thinks batteries run off of magic. Thanks for the replys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    Yeah this stuff isn't for everyone but I just can't get enough. Probably my subconscious compensating for not paying ANY attention K-12, seriously. There is a lot of "common knowledge" that I'm embarrassed to not know...

Here's my view. The thing is, is that no one really needs book smarts anymore, there is not much need to memorize countless pieces of trivial information. You can just Google or Wikipedia search all the information you could ever need, it's all in your pocket.

I'm not at all saying that kids should not be educated, quite the contrary but there needs to be a shift in priorities. From mundane memorizing of a little bit of everything to truly stimulating and encouraging the interests and talents of the youth. So what if I'm not interested in History, someone else will be completely enamored with it and will want to know and preserve it. There is a problem here, too many people struggle through life, focusing on their weaknesses trying to be better at something they are not talented at, whats the point? That sounds miserable. Seems much more logical to me to exploit your talents and run with it. Enjoy what your good at, "Find something you like and use it often" could apply if you twist it a little

Again, IMO. What people do "need" is an understanding of the world around them, how to communicate and interact with people etc.. This stuff is not taught very well IMO. Oops... huge off-topic opinionated rant.
    Sorry to continue the off topics PP!

Great points Dave, the world has been completely and utterly transformed by the internet. Forget about the 7 wonders of the world... The internet really is the Single wonder of the world. Also, your right on about the education. There are such fascinating things to learn about and somehow the school system finds away to make it boring!!! Incredible isn't it? You start researching stuff on the internet or watching the Science or History Channel and it's like why in the hell were those fools talking about chopping down a darn cherry tree? Are they nuts! With all the true and incredible things there are to learn....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12