autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanoskin or SM Arnold or ??

My Clay bars are finally just about done so i'm heavily considering these.

I need at least 2 mediums grades and 2 Fine grades because we always have 2 people claying cars. To buy 4 towels @ $60 each is like buying 8-10 200G clay bars (cost wise), so I'm having a hard time justifying the cost

I like the Nano skin 4" pads because they're available in a 2 pack. I also plan on using them by hand, not by machine.

Anyone have any advice before I make the plunge?

Does anyone know if the towels can be cut in half and still last?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin or SM Arnold or ??

i just tried out my Opti Eraser yesterday... i didnt like it.

I am also looking for clay alternatives, i got my eyes on the speedy prep towel....

Im not a fan of the nanoskin using a machine to clay.... I dont want to operate a machine with liquid flying around constantly....

Post Thanks / Like

I have both the 4" and 6" pads as well as the Nanoskin wash mitts (both grades). I virtually stop using clay altogether.

Personally, I prefer the mitt over the pad when it comes to light/fine claying. I noticed I have a bit more control over the process. I guess I am old school. I like to feel my way through the paint. I don't want to risk any marring (especially if LSP is the next step).

When it comes to med/heavy claying, its the pad over the mitt. Marring is not an issue since I always polish after med/heavy claying anyway.

The initial cost is higher but you are making it up in speed and efficiency. The fact that you don't have to throw it away if dropped is another factor. Since I am a one man show, these products tremendously reduce the wear and tear on my body. This in itself is worth the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    My Clay bars are finally just about done so i'm heavily considering these.

I need at least 2 mediums grades and 2 Fine grades because we always have 2 people claying cars. To buy 4 towels @ $60 each is like buying 8-10 200G clay bars (cost wise), so I'm having a hard time justifying the cost

I like the Nano skin 4" pads because they're available in a 2 pack. I also plan on using them by hand, not by machine.

Anyone have any advice before I make the plunge?

Does anyone know if the towels can be cut in half and still last?
    I tried my Nanoskin autoscrub wash mitt for the first time today. I've gotta tell ya this thing really works. You can feel the smooth surface within seconds of use.

So, if you want to consider cost you have to factor in it last about 10x as long, if dropped not all is lost and you can decontaminate your ride in less than half the time.

Seems to me it is a wise investment. I am certain I'll never purchase clay ever again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tkendrick View Post
    I tried my Nanoskin autoscrub wash mitt for the first time today. I've gotta tell ya this thing really works. You can feel the smooth surface within seconds of use.

So, if you want to consider cost you have to factor in it last about 10x as long, if dropped not all is lost and you can decontaminate your ride in less than half the time.

Seems to me it is a wise investment. I am certain I'll never purchase clay ever again.
    Everything you said I couldnt agree more with. Does clay have a spot in your company? No doubt. But this is a smart investment and will pay you back in time and the amount of cars you're able to compete. My professional opinion is buy the sm Arnold speedy prep towel medium and fine. Let your guys use them and report back. I promise they will love this much more
    Brian's Custom Detailing
    Where detail matters
    www.BriansCustomDetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

well they aren't $60 if you just get the towel and price match it with a competitor, they are $50, so that saves you $40 over four towels right there. Use a concentrated clay lube like UWW+ to save even more.

I think the towel is the most versatile of all the clay alternatives because it doesn't require a machine, gives great tactile feedback, and is easy to store and wash.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_kX6RwRgjA]Speedy Surface Prep Towel Review : Clay Alternative - YouTube[/video]
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Nanoskin pad to use on my Porter Cable and still have not used it, lol. I kinda like the clay because it's more hands-on... no pun intended, I guess. I spent nearly $60 on that pad, too, and it's still sitting in my PC bag. I imagine it'll come in handy someday, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I let mine sit too..until this morning. Had to clean black daily driver that's pretty beat. Holy crap! Broke out the Glide and mixed it, and put down the fine pad with the PC. It slings some, with too much water down on the surface, but the time you save is huge. It's pretty easy to figure out the happy medium spot with the Glide spray. Get yours out of the box and give it a go!
    Enjoy Today,
    Andy M. Stevens

Post Thanks / Like

I have the nanoskin mitt and DA pad, and I have to say that I have also stopped using detailing clay altogether (almost)

My biggest disappointment is that I don't have the satisfaction of going "check the crap I just pulled from that hood". There is no more picture of dirty clay and it made me careless. I don't give a second thought about dropping my clay mitt on the floor whereas I use to be meticulously neurotic about dropping my detailing clay.

But seriously, the time savings are ridiculous.

Super Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not like the towel. This is what I do. I use the aggressive grade with machine and the fine grade by hand-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuQnCaH4vm4]The Auto Scrubber by Nanoskins. - YouTube[/video]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast