autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First purchases. What do you think?

Guess I get hooked quick. I placed another order for the pb wheel glaze, sonax wheel cleaner, mf towels, 5 inch backing plate, and some 5.5 inch hydro pads. Love soaking up the great info on this site.
    Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Very astute purchases. See you discovered the BOGO's already! The GG DA is a great choice for a hobbyist since it has the best warranty. May want to look at the Megs DA MF System next!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

I would get 5.5" hydro pads, but 4 Tangerine and Cyan pads, then 2 of the wax pads. Reason is you always want to work clean. 2 pads may be enough for a car, but its frustrating working with dirty pads even with cleaning on the fly you will want to swap out pads. I would also encourage you to get surffubff pads, 5.5" inch and get 2 packs. with the GG polisher you get a 6" backing plate, you will need to buy a 5" backing plate to use 5.5" pads.

For polish you could same some coin with meg ulimate compound and ulimate polish. i know wolfgang twins are on bogo so its a good deal lots of people on here love megs polish.

save money on sealant and wax by getting collnite 845. Its just the perfect wax, easy one and off, 4-6 month protection, looks great on all colours(though sealant can look better on white or silver). It also works great as a wheel wax.

Get optimum no rise, clay lube, quick wash, interior wipe down, ect. its has so many uses and saves you water, time and money.

Grab a trie dressing too. I've tried megs endurance and optimum gel, both are great and last 2-4 weeks. meg is shinny black and optimum is mantle black.
    Owner of Green Mobile Car Spa
    2002 Chrysler Sebring coupe 3.0liter

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO Harry!!! Really good first order!! WolfGang is some really good stuff, smells good too.
    I don't want it to look wet, I want it to look Soaked!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HarryK View Post
    Guess I get hooked quick. I placed another order for the pb wheel glaze, sonax wheel cleaner, mf towels, 5 inch backing plate, and some 5.5 inch hydro pads. Love soaking up the great info on this site.
    Harry
    You think wolfgang was is great. Then you wouldn't mind making your vehicle rust proof for ever with POR-15. I spent $300, but at least I can drive me nice car in the winter without it ever rusting again. Part of that $300 includes brake caliper painting kit, POR-15 kit and hardnose painting kit. Double layer protection, and 2 tubes of POR-patch. I order larger than their kits, if none of you seen this stuff, it's stronger and better than RINO bedding- only difference is POR-15 is great on cars and marine applications.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12