autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing the interior of a 2010 Ford Flex?

I own a 2009 Ford Flex.
    DP Total Interior Cleaner and DP Interior Surface Protectant work great. I use the cleaner for the doors, consul and dash, then go over them with the Protectant.

The upholstery is pretty standard and can be cleaned liked most other cars, same goes for the leather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PAR Detailing View Post
    Why are you hesitant to use OPC on leather and interior panels? Ive used it quite a few times with great success.
    I think it's more so that I saw Nick's review of Ultima interior shampoo guard, and that it worked so great! Also, Corey said UISG cl(that's sueaned even better than OPC @ 2:1 on floor mats(that's surprising to me). Also, UISG is specifically made to clean interior panels, leather, etc.. I've been using OPC on leather and interior panels as well will good success, but if there's something better, I'm willing to try.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcpp66 View Post
    I'm not planning on using all of that stuff, that's just a list of what I have. I sometimes use Poorboy's Trim Restorer as a dressing because the bottle specifically states that it can be used on vinyl, leather, and dash boards (if memory serves me correctly, that is). I've used DP Carpet and Upholstery cleaner with an extractor and have gotten good results. I think the potential issue with that is getting a lot of foam in the extractor itself. As far as DP Glass Restorer that's my favorite glass cleaner. I don't use it on the interior side of the windows, just the exterior. When I clean someone's interior I also like to do both sides of the glass because, in my mind, having a nice freshly cleaned interior also includes having clean windows to look out of. I have a lot of DP Total Interior cleaner, but I'm going to get some Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel based on CEE Dog's review of it in another post and try it out.

However, I wouldn't use PBTR on interior trim. I think it's much better designed for exterior trim. Use the DP protectant instead, IMO. Good point about the foam in the extractor, that's exactly what I was thinking, too. Thanks for claryfying about the glass restorer. I also ordered ultima Interior gel because of Corey's and Nick's review. Look to clean VERY WELL, while being interior safe. DP interior cleaner is just a mild cleaner, IME.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post

However, I wouldn't use PBTR on interior trim. I think it's much better designed for exterior trim. Use the DP protectant instead, IMO. Good point about the foam in the extractor, that's exactly what I was thinking, too. Thanks for claryfying about the glass restorer. I also ordered ultima Interior gel because of Corey's and Nick's review. Look to clean VERY WELL, while being interior safe. DP interior cleaner is just a mild cleaner, IME.
    I've used PBTR on my Camaro's interior with great success. It doesn't have as much of a fruity smell like some of the other dressings and that's why I like it for interiors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12