autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holograms!!

Post Thanks / Like

Holograms!!

I just walked by my car i buffed out and noticed some holograms. Its the first time ive buffed so im still trying to learn! I have a makita along with some meguiars 105/205! Now my question is, whats the best way to get rid of holograms? Is there an article i can read where it shows how to get rid of them? Or any of you who have comed across this, what would be the best way to get rid of them? Any help is great! Thanks!
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holograms!!

PC

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Just take an orbital and some sealant or wax. Should be enough to remove anything left behind by 205. Although, you shouldn't be leaving anything behind with 205. You may have to change your pad when using it next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    I agree. Just take an orbital and some sealant or wax. Should be enough to remove anything left behind by 205. Although, you shouldn't be leaving anything behind with 205. You may have to change your pad when using it next time.
    when i buffed it out i had very poor lighting, it looked good, but now i see some minimum holograms! the thing is that i only have my makita as of this moment and cant buy a DA polisher... anything i can do to fix it with my makita?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 93fox View Post
    when i buffed it out i had very poor lighting, it looked good, but now i see some minimum holograms! the thing is that i only have my makita as of this moment and cant buy a DA polisher... anything i can do to fix it with my makita?
    I use my Makita for practically everything. I'm guessing the holograms can't be THAT bad if you're last step was 205.

It sounds like it could use another polish with a soft finishing pad. Go over it again with your softest pad, and whatever polish you have. Then throw some wax, or sealant on...you should be good.

Post Thanks / Like

I just walked by my car i buffed out and noticed some holograms. Its the first time ive buffed so im still trying to learn! I have a makita along with some meguiars 105/205! Now my question is, whats the best way to get rid of holograms? Is there an article i can read where it shows how to get rid of them? Or any of you who have comed across this, what would be the best way to get rid of them? Any help is great! Thanks!
    Try another pass with a black lc pad. You should be able to remove the holograms pretty easily.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

I use my Makita for practically everything. I'm guessing the holograms can't be THAT bad if you're last step was 205.

It sounds like it could use another polish with a soft finishing pad. Go over it again with your softest pad, and whatever polish you have. Then throw some wax, or sealant on...you should be good.
    I have a soft finishing pad! would some po85rd do the trick?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a soft finishing pad! would some po85rd do the trick?
    Absolutely. Just keep your rpms low, you don't wanna create heat. A nice slow polish with some 85rd should absolutely do the trick. You will need to apply wax or sealant after for protection. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. Just keep your rpms low, you don't wanna create heat. A nice slow polish with some 85rd should absolutely do the trick. You will need to apply wax or sealant after for protection. Good luck
    Ok buddy i will follow your tip! Ill follow it up with some wax! Thanks alot for taking the time to actually explain!
    Hi !

Mike Phillips

And whenever you can hold the pad flat to the surface. Light pressure with your last cover passes with pretty much just the weight of the machine.

Also... very important... clean your pad after each section you buff. You need to remove any built-up and spent product before working with fresh product.

Make sure the paint surfaces are surgically clean and don't buff to a dry buff, you should always have a wet film of product on the surface.

Then wiping off residue with a clean, soft microfiber goes without saying...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast