autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 911 Rust is eating up my car in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Automess View Post
    Thank You!!, if you think it can be done outside of a shop then I will give it a go.
    it sure can be done outside a shop! hell i painted the engine bay of my car under a tree and believe it or not, i had no dirt or nothing on the clear. and it was on a windy day! its up to you if you want to give it a shot yourself or just take it somewhere to get done!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Automess View Post
    [/B]

What do you mean take the seats out?
    yup if your going to do the inside you will be better off taking out the seats and the carpet as there will be rust you can't see if its where you can see it. Most of us do it to put in sound deadening stuff or upgraded stereo's or the like.

Its much easier once you get started and only seems too big to tackle until you get started. It will sure make painting the parts that need it much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

On a side note, your dogs look super smart...and cute too
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

That roof needs to be sanded or blasted free of rust and primed. I would epoxy prime it if it was me. Wouldnt have to worry about it rusting again. The same process can be used on all of the other rust. If any of it is more then surface or if theres any rust thorugh, cut and replace with new metal. A big job for someone inexperienced but can be done.

1967 Chevelle SS
    2004 Nissan 350Z
    2003 GSXR 600

Post Thanks / Like

let say one thing, mitsubishi is probably the worst experience car wise in my life, I own a 2008 lancer, and i am also having paint issues, there is a white fog inbetween the clear coat and the paint on humid days, the car design is horrible, the rear wheels arches are getting rock sprayed /sandblasted from normal use ( this issue was half ass fixed by the dealer) . plus some other things like the cluster failing, the radio failed, bluetooth module keeps losing its setting, car pulling to the left for no reason.

lesson learned never will I buy another japanese car were having problems with both the lancer and the mazda 3

american or german all the way, i know what to expect at least

DO NOT EVER BUY A MITSUBISHI, WARRANTY SUCKS (or you need to fight for months to obtain something, like 4 months without a working tach or speedometer)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunstealth View Post
    let say one thing, mitsubishi is probably the worst experience car wise in my life, I own a 2008 lancer, and i am also having paint issues, there is a white fog inbetween the clear coat and the paint on humid days, the car design is horrible, the rear wheels arches are getting rock sprayed /sandblasted from normal use ( this issue was half ass fixed by the dealer) . plus some other things like the cluster failing, the radio failed, bluetooth module keeps losing its setting, car pulling to the left for no reason.

lesson learned never will I buy another japanese car were having problems with both the lancer and the mazda 3

DO NOT EVER BUY A MITSUBISHI, WARRANTY SUCKS (or you need to fight for months to obtain something, like 4 months without a working tach or speedometer)
    I have a 17 year old Mitsi and the original paint looks great
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: 911 Rust is eating up my car in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by sunstealth View Post

Thank You for sharing, really! About 3 or 4 wks ago I found this website that people started complaining about the same problem in 2006 about cars pushased in as early as 2000 (PM me if you would like the link to read).

The rust on my car is just the major stuff but like you there has been alot of other stuff that some are small but nothing under 100.00 to repair because Everything is pass the warranty period, I have a broken mirror visor that just fell apart, rubber on back bumper they have glued it (I think with Fabric Glue) about 10 xs, broken lite cover on top back, noisy when on the freeway, broken back window (they told me it broke because my kids played with it, I said I don't have any No one uses it. Then he said "Thats why it broke you have to use them more") ...lol I try to ignore the lil stuff and now I'm slowly starting to fix them myself I have no other choice.

Ok I feel better talking to someone about this that can understands the hug disappointment, heart brake and anger for yrs now. But for as long as my car looks like this I tell everyone I know, or if I see an owner of a Mitsubishi in a parking lot I go and talk to them.

Anyway, thanks again
    Rosie

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: 911 Rust is eating up my car in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I have a 17 year old Mitsi and the original paint looks great
    Lucky you!.... buy a new one and it will look older then your old one in 2 yrs. ...lol
    Rosie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123