autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water etch marks after 2 layers of waxing!

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    AutoGlym HD is a fantastic product. I totally agree. I bought it at Pepboys last summer when it first came out, its very impressive !
    Now.. where can i get this AG HD? Sounds like i really gotta try it? Can it be a replacement for the NXT 2.0 from Meg?

I'm intending to order some stuff from autogeek soon, and maybe i'll pop it in my order to try it out. Expensive?

BTW, anyone knows what is the approximate cost for shipping to Australia, brisbane from autogeek? For example, an order or about 4 bottles of polish/wax and 3 polishing pads. They are far cheaper than in Australia. We are getting ripped off here.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    That is the mindset on the marketing side of most if not all car wax manufactures... and I would have to 100% agree. You can make the case all day long as to the benefits of a wax or paint sealant that causes water to lay flat and at the end of the day, you win the argument but you lose the sale, or the "Wax War".

I used to do trade shows in Oregon and Washington when I worked for Meguiar's and there was a Eagle One Rep that was at all the shows I worked at too, heck of a nice guy...

Back in around 1994/95 a company came out with a "sealer" product that they marketed as sheeting water instead of beading. They explained the entire water mark thing in their ads. Remembering what the Eagle One rep told me a year or so earlier, I tried it on my 1990 Audi. It did what they said. It sheeted water easily. However, it leaft streaking, probably user induced. It lasted a long time on my car as well. However, after buying that, I have never seen it on the shelves.

I have an old Eagle One car detailing video that was given to me by the Eagle One rep. It is on VHS it is so old! lol They talked about flooding the car with water to prevent water spots.

Quote Originally Posted by triplezero View Post
    Now.. where can i get this AG HD? Sounds like i really gotta try it? Can it be a replacement for the NXT 2.0 from Meg?

I'm intending to order some stuff from autogeek soon, and maybe i'll pop it in my order to try it out. Expensive?

BTW, anyone knows what is the approximate cost for shipping to Australia, brisbane from autogeek? For example, an order or about 4 bottles of polish/wax and 3 polishing pads. They are far cheaper than in Australia. We are getting ripped off here.

Cheers!

Unfortunetly, you can not buy it from AutoGeek. I wish you could. They sell almost everything else I use except that. Your best bet, being you are not from the US, is to just try a google search for it.

Keep in mind, Autogeek sells MANY waxes that are just as good AutoGlym.

Post Thanks / Like

AutoGlym HD is available at Pep Boys in the states.

If you are in Australia, I am not sure where to direct you to buy it, besides online. There should be some networks for Autoglym products in your area I would imagine. Or just google the product.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123