autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What tools I need to start autodetailing shop

Hello, my name is Danius. I am from Lithuania. In EUROPE. I want to open auto detailing shop in my country. I want to buy all equipment from Your web site. I thinking about FLEX polishers. So how many buffers and polishers I need for opening? To do proper job. How many pads and other stuff may need to get. My budged is around 2500$. I will fit in to this? And I think about steam vacuum for interior detailing. Is it any good? Vapor Chief Steam machine or is more cheaper and do the job. Sorry for my poor English. Thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What tools I need to start autodetailing shop

Sveiki atvykę!!!! You will find a lot of good information already available here... check out this section and go from there How to make money detailing cars - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum.... good luck!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I was looking to this forum page. But didint find a proper kit for detailing shop. I fund just small kits. I need I good one. Is so many polishers rotary, dual action. I dont know what I need. Do I need all DA, circuler, orbital? And that about steam vacuums?

Post Thanks / Like

First - WELCOME!
    Second, before you run off and purchase tools, supplies, and other detailing equipment, I'd suggest getting some professional training. There is no better investment in your business than having proper training. Without it, your tools and equipment can do more harm than good on a clients vehicle. In the training not only will you learn the proper use of the tools and supplies, you'll learn what it is that you will need to start your own detailing business. Starting your own detailing business requires careful thought and planning.
    Remember, "If you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail!"

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for advise. I starting training with one profesional after 2 weeks. Training will take around 4-6 moths. I will work with him. I think it will by good training. But any ways. What I need to get first? I want to get use to my tools at the training. And that about steam vacuums?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums Watch every how-to video on this website several times if training isn't available to you, then set up a plan, 2500 is a good starting budget, and will cover everything you need to get started if you are new to the business, once you build up "Steady" clients and learn more about the business then maybe worrying about getting all the fancy tools like a steamer.
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of insurance, and a good lawyer to start any business. Been there, done that.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Lawyer? In my country You dont need lawyer. If You mess up You will pay. Thats it.

The boy who will teach my. Hes work is her. IMANTO POLIRAVIMAS - Foto galerija

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DaniusLithuania View Post

Hello, my name is Danius. I am from Lithuania. In EUROPE.
    Since this was your introduction post... welcome to Autogeek Online!

I want to open auto detailing shop in my country.
    Is this your first attempt at starting a business?

Do you already have a shop? What's the overhead like?

Most the time when a person opens up a physical, brick and mortar shop it's the overhead that kills them and turns them into a product shop, not a show car detailing shop because it becomes a numbers game where a certain number of cars need to go through the shop each month just to pay for all the overhead.

Here's the minimum most have to pay here in the U.S.
    • Rent
    • Insurance
    • Electricity
    • Water
    • Gas if you need heat and the heat is provided by gas

The goal for most people is to get the most shop they can get for the least amount of money.

As for tools, figure out what your going to offer and this will tell you which tools you'll need. Start by finding out what "established detail shops" are already offering as this will give you an idea as to what your customer base wants to pay for.

A lot of people would call around as though they were a potential customer and find out what other shops are offering and what they are charging.

Starting your own detail shop can work but you need to do your homework first. Most of the best pro detailers I know are mobile as this enables them to cut-out the overhead and keep most of the profits.

Mike Phillips

The boy who will teach my. Hes work is her. IMANTO POLIRAVIMAS - Foto galerija
    Your friend is showing all exterior work, does he also offer interior detailing?

What is the electrical current your country uses?

This will help you choose the right tool as some tools we offer are available only for 110 volt where some tools are configured for other countries.

For example, the Flex 3401 is available in both 110 volt and 230 volt,

FLEX XC 3401 VRG 230 Volt Orbital Polisher, international model FLEX XC3401 Buffer

Most Metro products are available in 220 volt

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast