autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct soap-to-water ratio??

The instructions for Wolfgang Auto Bathe says to pour 1-2oz of soap into a bucket. Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo says to pour 1/2 an ounce into a bucket. What size bucket are they assuming in their directions? I use between 4-5 gallons of water and I always use 1oz per gallon of water. Obviously I don't want to use too little soap and not have enough lubricity, but I don't want to use too much and possibly strip wax. What's the appropriate amount to use for each brand without stripping wax but having enough lubricity?

Also, the instructions on the DP Xtreme Foam says to add 2oz of soap with 6-8 oz of water in a foam gun. I use the foam cannon, what's the best soap to water ratio for that?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Correct soap-to-water ratio??

Quote Originally Posted by mcpp66 View Post
    The instructions for Wolfgang Auto Bathe says to pour 1-2oz of soap into a bucket. Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo says to pour 1/2 an ounce into a bucket. What size bucket are they assuming in their directions? I use between 4-5 gallons of water and I always use 1oz per gallon of water. Obviously I don't want to use too little soap and not have enough lubricity, but I don't want to use too much and possibly strip wax. What's the appropriate amount to use for each brand without stripping wax but having enough lubricity?

Also, the instructions on the DP Xtreme Foam says to add 2oz of soap with 6-8 oz of water in a foam gun. I use the foam cannon, what's the best soap to water ratio for that?
    Even with a 5 gallon bucket no one I know fills it right to the top. Another thing to remember is none of this is science and even if you used twice the recommended amount of soap the worst thing that you'd be doing is wasting a little bit of product.

From their respective pages here.

• DP - Combine 1 oz of shampoo with 3-5 gallons
    • Pinnacle - Pour 1-2 oz. of shampoo into a clean bucket with 5 gallons of water
    • Wolfgang - Pour 1-2 oz. of Auto Bathe in a 5 gallon bucket

Foam Canon

Autogeek Foam Cannon HP, foam lance, foam wash gun, pressure washer foamer

"For the best results, use DP Xtreme Foam Formula in your Foam Cannon HP. This shampoo was developed specifically for foam guns and produces an incredible amount of foam. It may take some experimentation to get your preferred dilution, but start with 1 ounce of shampoo. Pour the shampoo into the Foam Cannon HP tank, hook it up to your pressure washer, and let the foam fly!"

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Even with a 5 gallon bucket no one I know fills it right to the top. Another thing to remember is none of this is science and even if you used twice the recommended amount of soap the worst thing that you'd be doing is wasting a little bit of product.
    Using too much won't strip wax?

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that about 3oz of each of these soaps is what i like in a 5 gallon bucket. Any less like some of them say, just doesn't cut it for me in terms of slickness and suds. So basically 1oz per gallon!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpp66 View Post
    Using too much won't strip wax?
    Yes, using too much soap can strip wax. A simple rule of thumb, unless otherwise directed use 1oz/gallon. Dodo Supernatural, AutoGlym, and Ultima are a couple that come to mind that call for less.

Sent using Tapatalk
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"