autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Duo 3.0 OR Meguirar's 105/205 Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    If u still feel a bit nervous about using your polisher for the first time, try a local body shop for a fender or hood that's on the scrap pile and practice on that!!!
    That's what I was going to try before I have at it on my vehicles. After reading everyone's comments, I think I'm going to order both Wolfgang and Meguirar's in 8oz sizes. That way I can try out the two different products. Since all the instructions and videos I've watched use very small amounts of product at a time, I'm thinking 8oz of each will be enough to do a few cars once I find what works. There's just so many different combination's of products out there that its hard to choose which to use first. I've read that Menzerna products are amazing to use, but for the price, I'm not sure if I want to start with those right off the bat. Plus all the different #'s of polish was confusing me. Guess its back to more reading....
    Last edited by DavidsV8Mustang; 11-22-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Grammer

Post Thanks / Like

I did my first PC polish this spring and I went with Menzerna polishes. They were often said to be very user friendly, like long working times, so I went that way on an 8 year old never machine polished car and got great results. I was pretty nervous about attempting this but had no problems at all and the whole thing seemed pretty fool proof. I used CCS pads, and went on to do our second newer car the same way with the same great results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
    I did my first PC polish this spring and I went with Menzerna polishes. They were often said to be very user friendly, like long working times, so I went that way on an 8 year old never machine polished car and got great results. I was pretty nervous about attempting this but had no problems at all and the whole thing seemed pretty fool proof. I used CCS pads, and went on to do our second newer car the same way with the same great results.

Post Thanks / Like

WG results

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    WG results

Looks really good. WG seems to yelled some really great results from the different threads I've read.
    However, now I started reading more about Menzerna polishes and I'm thinking maybe start with these. Haha. So many choices. I know that WG was developed with Menzerna, but Menzerna polishes seems to be everyone's favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidsV8Mustang View Post
    Looks really good. WG seems to yelled some really great results from the different threads I've read.
    However, now I started reading more about Menzerna polishes and I'm thinking maybe start with these. Haha. So many choices. I know that WG was developed with Menzerna, but Menzerna polishes seems to be everyone's favorite.
    I'm sure that you will be happy with any of them. Like anything, people will have their preferences. I'm using Optimum's polishes more and more with great satisfaction. The new hyper spray polish cuts and finishes very well, so I can use an orange pad to correct and a white pad to finish polish on light cars (silver and white) with moderate swirls. I keep the M105 and UC for heavier corrections, mainly because I won't use 32oz of a polish like the Menzerna before it dries out. The WG products are made by Menz, so you might want to look for a sale price when chosing between them.

The most important thing to remember, just do it. Sounds like a Nike commercial but you won't know what you don't know until you try one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

Ha, sorry I don't have any yet. I only have pics of the car on the street but nothing that really shows the shine. I should take a shot of the car in the garage at night from the outside with all the garage lights on. The paint looks like glass.

I'll get some soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidsV8Mustang View Post
    Yep! All you need is PO203S, PO106FA, and maybe PO85RD. All are very, very easy to work with on the DA, you just have to work to clear. I use a Meguiar's G220v2 (~ your 110v2), and it is perfect for everything.

Skip the CCS pads, get flat pads instead. The holes in the CCS pads keep releasing unbroken down polish, which is not what you want (might work differently with 105/205).

Get the 5.5" low profile hydro-tech pads too, no need for a million different colors! Just 3!!! They really work as advertised!

My favorite is Menzerna PO203S on the cyan hydrotech pad! Cuts great, finishes great! Perfect for a 1-step on the DA!

Here's what I started with:

Here's what I ended up with!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip the CCS pads, get flat pads instead. The holes in the CCS pads keep releasing unbroken down polish, which is not what you want (might work differently with 105/205).
    I was wondering about that myself. It seems logical enough. I got a hydro tangerine pad later on, I'll have to use that next time.

Post Thanks / Like

M105 & 205, 85rd, & WDGPS, Flat pads, Kompressor white pad.

Nice work to the guy's that had pic's in this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123