autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Upgrade to Aggressive Pad or more working time? How do you tell?

yeah i do that, megs twins, white pad. still cant get them all. i mean with the pc i could work them all day, just seems there could be a faster or better way. on my wife and kids mustangs, i have no problems. they seem to have a very soft clear. a cadillac i did for a guy at work, i could not get it to budge. that's kinda why i started thinking i might need to jump to the flex, or at least try the yellow.
    I love DP products! although, I'm starting to lean towards the pinnacle line, thanks to liq. sovereign!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cooksnj View Post
    yeah i do that, megs twins, white pad. still cant get them all. i mean with the pc i could work them all day, just seems there could be a faster or better way. on my wife and kids mustangs, i have no problems. they seem to have a very soft clear. a cadillac i did for a guy at work, i could not get it to budge. that's kinda why i started thinking i might need to jump to the flex, or at least try the yellow.
    nissan clear coats are usually medium hardness and the combo you use usually works on vettes that have hard clear coats. whic is another reason i am thinking you are being to aggressive. Fords clear coats go from medium to hard(newer vehicles from what i been reading). try Meg 205 with orange pad then step down to white pad and 205 and see how that works. also give the KB method a try as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailgod View Post
    i still think you are looking at it wrong. you might just be to aggressive. try a less agressive method and see what happens.

cooksnj: the orange pad is a cutting pad and for most paint correction jobs orange is the most aggressive you need. you also need pads with less cut to them so the marring caused by the orange pads can be taken out.
    That's where a camera would help.Are they swirls are is there marring going on?

But yes,always start with the least abrasive method on a test spot and if that's not cutting it (no pun intended) move up with a more aggressive pad OR a more abrasive product.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Detailgod - Well the paint job I requested was better than factory OEM and it had to with stand Road Racing, Drag, and some very high speed top end runs. It has done very well holding up with very little rock chips etc...especially the front bumper.

The pics you posted of your dad's Supra looks awesome.

Maybe I am just being a bit anal retentive in trying to fix all the swirls.

Here are the pics of my test panel.

This is BEFORE

This is AFTER with just the OHC with Orange pad.

Now I was having a heck of a time taking a picture of what I saw with my naked eye with the LED flash light.

This picture was also taken AFTER with OHC and Orange pad. I had to take this picture out of focus to capture the swirls. If i did not take it out of focus it would just look like the above picture.

Ryan
    '94 Single 6 Speed
    '03 Acura CL Type-S 6 Speed

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled my car out into the sun and you can hardly see the swirls. IF I took a picture you could not be able to tell at all. The third picture is very close up picture taken by my DLSR... My regular camera could not capture it.

Should I just be happy with the out come as shown in picture number 2?
    Ryan
    '94 Single 6 Speed
    '03 Acura CL Type-S 6 Speed

Post Thanks / Like

Supra: try using the KB method. and do you have any other compound or polishes? also if you think you need to go more aggressive(dont think you do) try the surbuf pads or the HT pads. and if i remember correctly i believe there was a thread on the OHC and alot of people said it really did not have much cut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12