autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Best Wheel well/undercarriage topical

Hi Mike, my first post...but been reading for a loooong time. Question: I am interested in what would be best product [if any] one can use on wheel-wells, under carriage that would dry CLEAR and hard. Like a sealant, or Rejex, that lets dirt sheer off quickly with water and little surfactant. Obviously a sealant would be a normal choice, but would like a product that does not need buffing or that dries to a haze--getting THAT off all the nooks and crannies would look terrible.

Is there any such product? Sprays on...dries clear and acts as a slick barrier to dirt, salt etc. This will be on a new BMW 1 Series, and it must go thru winter in St.Louis area, be outside 24/7 unfortunately. Sealing and prepping the top side is not an issue for me, just this nagging question of wheel wells etc.

Thanks for any insight you might have on this...my searches have yielded little, and perhaps there is a reason for that. All sealants I find of any brand include a hazing and removal...bests for now...and when you get the chance, any info would be fine. I am in no hurry--or better, let your people contact my people as they say...

ML. [and thank you for all the absolutely wonderful information, and teaching you have provided me these last few months. Its endless and appreciated]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Wheel well/undercarriage topical

I have never found a product that fits that bill to date. What I do is clean the wheelwells quite well with APC or ARO and a stiff brush. Weekly I just spray with an aerosol protectant like Stoners More Shine Less Time or Griots Undercarriage Spray. About once a year I take the wheels off, clean really well and spray paint with black high temp paint. I have never tried any paint sealant in those area as many different surface types from plastic to metal to a bumpy surface.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

What about Duragloss Aquawax? Durability isn't much but it should dry clear
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys...good suggestions. I will now just experiment around a bit with all these. Bests...

Post Thanks / Like

Could try optimum optiseal.... I use it for all the "extra" external areas like black trim... glass.... plastic.... t

Post Thanks / Like

On the hard plastic fender liners you could use a trim sealant like UTTGP and for the rubberized undercoatings DG 253 would be a good choice as it makes tires bead water and lasts fairly long for a rubber/tire dressing.
    Alan T.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    On the hard plastic fender liners you could use a trim sealant like UTTGP and for the rubberized undercoatings DG 253 would be a good choice as it makes tires bead water and lasts fairly long for a rubber/tire dressing.
    I was going to suggest UTTG (Ultima) as well (properly cleaned first of course) but thought the OP was looking for something to spray in hard to reach places.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried many products on my Ford. I like Megs All Season Dressing the best. It dries a nice dry durable gloss. Better than Griots UC IME.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.