autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you use for wheels...?

I've used several wheal cleaners that clean the face of the rims easily. What will clean the caked on break dust that sits behind the rim or on the inside. I use a brush to get back in there to agitate but I cant get it clean. I thought of trying Amazing Roll Off but I want something that I know will work fast and effective. I know acid cleaners would probably do it but what would you guys suggest?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you use for wheels...?

Try the ARO if you have it. If you want a wheel cleaner try

Sonax or P21S Gel
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have ARO yet... I was wondering if it would do the trick? What is everyone else using to get the back of the rim clean. I notice b4 and after pics everyone love to show they can get it clean but what are they using to do it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clearview View Post
    I've used several wheal cleaners that clean the face of the rims easily. What will clean the caked on break dust that sits behind the rim or on the inside. I use a brush to get back in there to agitate but I cant get it clean. I thought of trying Amazing Roll Off but I want something that I know will work fast and effective. I know acid cleaners would probably do it but what would you guys suggest?
    Try "Super Clean", you can pick it up at most stores ( Pepboys, Autozone, Walmart )
    I spray it on/in the wheel and let it dwell for 20 seconds before agitating it with my wheel brush or a paint brush, it gets everything off and I've never had a problem with it hazing on the wheel, just don't let it dry.

Biodegradable too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clearview View Post
    I don't have ARO yet... I was wondering if it would do the trick? What is everyone else using to get the back of the rim clean. I notice b4 and after pics everyone love to show they can get it clean but what are they using to do it?
    Most are using the Daytona Speed Master wheel brush
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speakerguy45 View Post
    Try "Super Clean", you can pick it up at most stores ( Pepboys, Autozone, Walmart )
    I spray it on/in the wheel and let it dwell for 20 seconds before agitating it with my wheel brush or a paint brush, it gets everything off and I've never had a problem with it hazing on the wheel, just don't let it dry.

Biodegradable too

I've actually tried this, no luck. It did help get a good bit off but not clean. A buddy of mine used to use an acid based cleaner when he detailed at his dads car dealership and that stuff took everything off. Also put streaks in some rims if they weren't careful. I'm wondering if my only options is to remove the rim to clean it really thorough and then maintain it from there... I'll make that my last option.

Post Thanks / Like

If the brush etc..are not cleaning the wheels good enough while the wheels are on the car, I would really just jack up my car and pull the wheel off one side at a time. It really does make it easier to clean them.

Once you get your wheels cleaned. It's easier to maintain them that way once they are back on. I just use meguiars wheel cleaner for now. I want to pick up P21s gel.

For really tuff stuff I uses mothers wheel polish.. the polishing ball helps to make things quicker.
    Ryan
    '94 Single 6 Speed
    '03 Acura CL Type-S 6 Speed

Post Thanks / Like

I've had good success with DP's Cleanse All Exterior Cleaner. I have a 6 year old car and I never paid much attention to the back inside of the wheel, but going at it with that product cleaned it up pretty well. I would definitely recommend it over DP's Gel Wheel Cleaner, not nearly as powerful IMO.
    Mark
    2004 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6

Post Thanks / Like

Daytona Wheel Brush & P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

I use either Sonax Wheel Cleaner or Megs Wheel Brightener on all wheels with the EZ Detail brush. Both are really great cleaners and if you let either dwell for a minute and agitate with a brush the barrels of the rims come out clean. Some rims need an extra application of the wheel cleaners depending on how dirty they are. Try one of the above cleaners you will not be disappointed.
    Mike
    M.R. Detail Shop
    Car Detailing on Long Island

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast