Mike, long time no see!!! My name is Todd and I've attended open garage, and the basic and advanced auto detailing classes that you taught back at Meguiar's. I hope to see you again some day! Unfortunately, I've been sooo busy between work, school, career stuff, and my girlfriend that I hardly get a chance to do any serious detailing, although I do always keep my car up.

Anyway, I have a quick question. A co-worker of mine has a long scratch on her trunk and a couple scuff-looking scratches on her pasasenger door. The trunk scratch is a deep scratch that needs to be touched-up or repainted for sure. However, the passenger door looks like the clearcoat was scratched off but there is still the color coat.

What needs to be done in this situation? Is there anything she or I could do? She said that she'd like to get it fixed but doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg. She doesn't want it to be perfect, but would definitely like to patch it up. A couple other co-workers recommended something called ScratchOff, but I know nothing about this.

In addition, how much would something like this cost at a body shop usually? The scratch on the trunk is about a foot long and half a cm wide, and the passenger-side scratches are maybe 1 inch long and approx. 1 inch wide. Thanks a lot Mike!