autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Opinions Menzerna Products

I have the Wolgang Twins, and I would like to do some comparisons. I am thinking about getting some Menzerna products. I have a PC 7424XP and CCS smart pads. Here is my list including what pad I might use. Of course, I plan on having a few test spots.

SIP - Orange or white pad
    Final Polish - White pad
    Super Finish "Nano" - White pad
    PO85RD - Gray pad?

I feel like Final Polish and Super Finish are close to the same thing, and I don't want to get both. Do you guys have a preference on the two products. I am working on a 2007 Audi A4 and a 2006 Toyota Solara, both brilliant black.

By the way, did I miss the 15% off Labor day sale?

Brad

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions Menzerna Products

Autogeek Newsletter 09-01-10

For Menzerna the must-haves are SIP / Nano / 085rd and perhaps 203C for single step. Their paint sealant Powerlock is nice too.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by memebers of this forum that the Wolfgang Twins are essentially Menzerna's SIP and Nano Polish. The Wolfgang counterparts may be cheaper when the Wolfgang products are on sale.

In my opinion, if you are not dealing with heavy swirl marks, the Wolfgang Twins are all you need. You can play with different pads to adjust the aggressiveness you need.

I personally find myself using PO203 with an orange pad more often than anything else, on my black Porsche and BMW. PO203 is very effective on these paints for medium swirls. I then follow up with a black finishing pad using PO106FA and a rotary. I reserve my PO85RD on my Infiniti's with slightly softer paint.

Jumping from PO203 + Orange Pad to PO106FA + Black Finishing Pad may get me flamed on this forum, but on my application it works to an extremely glossy wet finish without needing any steps in between.

In my opinion, the Wolfgang Twins should serve you really well. If you want to save time on working on your Audi, you can try PO203 as your first polishing step provided that your Audi isn't heavily swirled. Although PO203 isn't a very aggressive polish, I find it to be extremely effective on medium swirls on ceramic clear coats when coupled with an orange pad.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy the majority of Menzerna products, however the Menzerna FMJ (Full Molecular Jacket) sealant is fairly disappointing with it's protection capability being less than most sealants available.

Menzerna Powerlock seems to live up to its name though.
    Shade Tree Auto Detailing
    Austin, Texas & surrounding areas

Post Thanks / Like

I knew that the menz products were close. There have been several posts lately to that effect. Like most here I have a mild case of OCD and I like to see perfection. Just a fun way to test out some stuff.

I do have some heavy swirls in th paint. It has never been detailed and the dealership decided to give me their free swirl instalation service. Needs some help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro3.2 View Post
    I knew that the menz products were close. There have been several posts lately to that effect. Like most here I have a mild case of OCD and I like to see perfection. Just a fun way to test out some stuff.

I do have some heavy swirls in th paint. It has never been detailed and the dealership decided to give me their free swirl instalation service. Needs some help
    Menzerna Power Finish is your friend ..........

Post Thanks / Like

The majority of polishes Iv'e ever used are Menz. Power gloss has been great to me and my Audi. Looking forward to trying Power finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade Tree View Post
    I enjoy the majority of Menzerna products, however the Menzerna FMJ (Full Molecular Jacket) sealant is fairly disappointing with it's protection capability being less than most sealants available.

Menzerna Powerlock seems to live up to its name though.
    FMJ is not made by Menz., I forget the details but it's made by some other guy's... I'm glad Menz put out their own sealant that doesn't tarnish their great name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    The majority of polishes Iv'e ever used are Menz. Power gloss has been great to me and my Audi. Looking forward to trying Power finish.

FMJ is not made by Menz., I forget the details but it's made by some other guy's... I'm glad Menz put out their own sealant that doesn't tarnish their great name.
    I could have sworn Menzerna is printed on the bottle ..... actually it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shade Tree View Post
    I could have sworn Menzerna is printed on the bottle ..... actually it is.
    I know it "says" Menzerna on the bottle... Quote below from the thread- http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...zerna-fmj.html, which was the second Google result for the search "who makes menzerna fmj".

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    FMJ is a re-bottled product from CMA. It is not made by Menzerna, it pays for the use of its name. You'll find better sealants, cheaper too, in Wolfgang, UPP, and DP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    I know it "says" Menzerna on the bottle... Quote below from the thread- http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...zerna-fmj.html, which was the second Google result for the search "who makes menzerna fmj".
    This is probably why I like this product the least besides it's performance.

I always wondered why they used the funky little "squared" type bottles. Thanks for the info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast