autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How can I avoid Rotary Buffer Swirls/holograms

Last time!!! Take the off topic comments to the pm system.
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as my only knowledge of using a rotary comes from reading these forums, I'm not really qualified to give advice. But it seems to me that if you have a paint system that is tough to finish hologram free... just use a DA to finish. All the hard work that needs a rotary was done already. KISS method, no fussing around.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fly bye View Post

Maybe Eric doesen't polish 14 hours every day, but that doesn't mean he is not qualified to give good advice, as Eric is very knowledgeable

I'm not quite clear as to why you think it was ok to rip into a member on this board, a respected member at that.

Your logic is flawed heavily. Why in gods name would anyone, after 14 hours of hard work, break out a practice hood and start to practice

That would be like the Pittsburgh Steelers leading Super Bowl XLIII with 4:32 left in the 4th quarter, and they call a timeout to do a practice play??? Where are you coming from?

Now I know you'll come on here and rebut, cause that's the kind of person you are. You think it's ok to rip into someone because you think you are better than they are and it makes you feel good to put others down?

"Eric is not qualified to give advice because he enjoys practicing"

You know what I think, I think you're the one whom shouldn't be giving advise. You clearly belittled a respected member of this forum, and now you are making a very poor attempt to justify your actions. What a sad state of affairs. I didn't want to post this, but it needed to be said.

I won't be clicking back on this thread. I've said all I'm going to say. I'm sure an admin will handle it from here.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I have used the rotary quite a bit (production body shop) and my own cars a bit. I have had somewhat descent results and some bad ones..

One of the most important things imo is trying to center the pad best as possible on the buffer. Also as mentioned the finishing step is key including pad and polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newbdetailer View Post
    I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I have used the rotary quite a bit (production body shop) and my own cars a bit. I have had somewhat descent results and some bad ones..

One of the most important things imo is trying to center the pad best as possible on the buffer. Also as mentioned the finishing step is key including pad and polish.
    Actually your step after the compounding/correction step is. That is where you want to clean everything up. On the finishing step you want as little defect as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Fly Bye, do not use the Steelers as an example, they are that good, they do not need to practice. Six super bowls says it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    Actually your step after the compounding/correction step is. That is where you want to clean everything up. On the finishing step you want as little defect as possible.

I have never detailed anything to perfection (but some deserve an honorable mention) but I guess it is good to know as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    Fly Bye, do not use the Steelers as an example, they are that good, they do not need to practice. Six super bowls says it all.
    Urgh...damn steelers fans...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345