autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the longest lasting wax? And why?

Just trying to gather up some input regarding the longest lasting wax on the market. No matter what the cost, let me hear what you suggest. Please only give suggestions of wax that you have used. This is more for a daily driver application than for a show car. Thanks.
    Soakin' Joe's Detailing & Window Tinting
    Quality Drives Demand
    www.SoakinJoes.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the longest lasting wax? And why?

• Collinite 845
    • Collinite 915
    • Optimum Spray Wax
    • Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

The Collinite 845 is some really good stuff.I used to use it on my jet ski and the salt water would not affect the wax at all.The only issue I have with it is once you wax a vehicle ,especially a dark colored one you need to park it in the sun for a while bring it back in a wipe it down again with a little QD because it will get a splotchy sheen to it..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    • Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant
    No way no how. Most users are reporting poor longevity on this guy, not to mention it's not a wax.

If you wanted something "wax like", I'd say FK1000P would probably be the longest lasting wax.

Soakin', if you only use the "best stuff ever" why don't you check out some Zymol estate waxes?

Post Thanks / Like

Of the ones I have used, Dodo Juice Supernatural.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    No way no how. Most users are reporting poor longevity on this guy, not to mention it's not a wax.
    Opinions do vary. Are you basing your "no way now how" conclusion on personal use or on opinions and statements of others?

You're correct, a sealant technically is not a wax but it does provide a finish with some great protection. Sealants are synthetic by design have come along way through the years. Any sealant can be used in place of a true wax as they are that close. While they do go on differently and most require a curing time the consensus is durability.

I've used this product several times as I've found it to be one of the better sealants available today. It provides gloss and protection for the painted surface and can be coated over with wax is desired for depth and additional protection. Another one I like is Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post

If you wanted something "wax like", I'd say FK1000P would probably be the longest lasting wax.

Soakin', if you only use the "best stuff ever" why don't you check out some Zymol estate waxes?

I just placed an order for FK1000P and should have it on monday. But I thought that it was a sealant in paste form.
    CORN FED STI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slava View Post
    I just placed an order for FK1000P and should have it on monday. But I thought that it was a sealant in paste form.
    FK1000P is a a sealant in paste form.

Post Thanks / Like

ive tryed many waxes over the years and in my collection. if i want long durability along with and awesome glossy shine. i grab my swissvax concorso. i also use my pinnacle waxes but they must be re appled every couple weeks. which is ok if i have the time.
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Opinions do vary. Are you basing your "no way now how" conclusion on personal use or on opinions and statements of others?

You're correct, a sealant technically is not a wax but it does provide a finish with some great protection. Sealants are synthetic by design have come along way through the years. Any sealant can be used in place of a true wax as they are that close. While they do go on differently and most require a curing time the consensus is durability.

I've used this product several times as I've found it to be one of the better sealants available today. It provides gloss and protection for the painted surface and can be coated over with wax is desired for depth and additional protection. Another one I like is Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    I'm a sealant jukie. I have wayyyyy wayyy wayy too many. I try them when time allows.

And yes, I have PowerLock. I traded away 16oz of my quart though. I'll never use 32oz in the 2 years the bottle claims it's good for and longevity reviews are disappointing. I'll try and seal one of my cars this weekend with it and post my thoughts as the weeks pass.

It'll be interesting to see how it compares to Zaino (an all time favorite)!

Edit: Regarding the "No way No how", it's just an observation from other forums I visit and other people's reviews of PL. Most are reporting under a month before it's seriously degraded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast