autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Green pad??

Post Thanks / Like

Green pad??

After using PB 2.5 SSR with an orange LC pad, can i use the green LC pad to apply the PB polish?? I will then be using Black Hole with a grey LC pad , followed by , PB EX with blue LC pad, then PB Natty paste with a red, sound ok??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Green pad??

You can use gray pad for PB EX and Natty's. IME, the blue and moreso the red, absorbs too much product.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are talking about a finishing polish on the green pad that makes sense to me. My bet would be that all that machine application of the EX and Natty's will remove the black hole though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    If you are talking about a finishing polish on the green pad that makes sense to me. My bet would be that all that machine application of the EX and Natty's will remove the black hole though.
    are u saying skip the black hole??

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiousity, why don't you want to apply your EX and Natty's by hand?

My personal preference is to do the sealant and wax by hand. I feel it's more thorough for these two product types.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Val3ntin0 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, why don't you want to apply your EX and Natty's by hand?

My personal preference is to do the sealant and wax by hand. I feel it's more thorough for these two product types.
    I never really considered hand application, since i have the porter cable and all, How it this done? In a circular motion with the microfiber?? I wonder what the benefits are are to using the wax and sealant by hand versus the machine??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONSTERMATT View Post
    I never really considered hand application, since i have the porter cable and all, How it this done? In a circular motion with the microfiber?? I wonder what the benefits are are to using the wax and sealant by hand versus the machine??
    I don't know about the benefits between doing it one way or the other but I can answer on how it's done; Use a foam pad in circular motions that have 50% overlaps (experts correct me if I'm wrong). Mike has some videos that show that procedure so just search for it in the video section.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the benefits between doing it one way or the other but I can answer on how it's done; Use a foam pad in circular motions that have 50% overlaps (experts correct me if I'm wrong). Mike has some videos that show that procedure so just search for it in the video section.
    Until i know why one method is better than the other, i will use the PC , i have heard conflicting opinions on speed for sealants and waxes, i have heard that a high speed is actually becoming the preferred way to apply sealants and waxes , contrary to the standard "wax on low speed"

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Green pad??

I was completely wrong on this. I watched the videos myself just to make sure I'm using the correct technique and sure enough I wasn't. For spreading both the sealant and wax by hand you'll want to spread the product in straight lines in the direction that the wind would blow over the car. Sorry for initially misleading you!!