autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Glare with Glassplexan

Hi Mike, I read about this product and wonder if you have had any experiance with it. I have my own opinions on it but would enjoy any other. The idea of turning a clear coat into a glass hard product sounds great,but!

I have some chemical background, in that I was a refinery operator for over 20 years,and have a machinist background too. I.E. oil and other chemicals can soak into metals etc.,but turning a clarcoat into a glasshard flexable product seem a bit far!? What do you know and think about it.

I am not knocking the product,per sey,but it may not be any better than any other polish/sealant, and that is what I am curious about. Thanks, MPC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glare with Glassplexan

Ive used the product and a similar one from CG and found them to really be like most sealants. I didnt see more durability or better protection. You might wanna look into Optimums coating product called Opt-coat but warning it can only currently be sold at professional detailer level.

Scott

Mike Phillips

Re: Glare with Glassplexan

Quote Originally Posted by mpcross View Post

The idea of turning a clear coat into a glass hard product sounds great,but!

I have not used this product.

I've read about it in the past and over the last years seen a few threads here and there about it, you could always do a Google search and check out what is said on other forums.

Since we don't carry it, it's probably better to contact the manufacture of see if they have a forum and ask them your questions directly. Most reputable companies will answer questions through some type of touch point be it a forum, a phone or e-mail.