autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WGDGPS applied at night?

I just finished the first two steps of the WG TSR & FG. The results are just as everyone reports.......AWESOME!! 99% of my defects were removed and it was my first time with the PC.

After the first two steps were completed I was called in to work and was unable to apply the WGDGPS this afternoon. I am curious if it's ok to apply at night since it's summer? It's 84 degree's today, our dew point is at 66 degree's, humidity at 50% (our usual is over 70%), our low is expect to be in the low 70's tonight and the car is garaged. The garage is insulated, but not climate controlled. I would like to get the WGDGPS down tonight after work around 11pm to protect the paint since I will have to drive it tomorrow around noon. I'd hate to drive it naked (no paint protection)

Is this feasible? I don't want to ruin the results and hard work.

I plan on posting pic's when it's completed!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WGDGPS applied at night?

The directions say to apply to paint, wait 45 minutes then buff off. So you should be good. I would wipe the car down with isopropyl alcohol before applying WGDGPS just to make sure nothing is on the paint.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

you'll be fine. Looking forward to pics!

Post Thanks / Like

consider a quick light rewash if car is dusty, and apply. Your temps sound delicious.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    The directions say to apply to paint, wait 45 minutes then buff off. So you should be good. I would wipe the car down with isopropyl alcohol before applying WGDGPS just to make sure nothing is on the paint.

I'm not familiar with the isopropyl alcohol wipe down. Is it diluted? I was planning on using the WG Detail Sprits prior to applying the WG DGPS. Would I benefit more by using the isopropyl alcohol for a wipe down? If so what's the best method for the wipe down?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superd View Post
    I'm not familiar with the isopropyl alcohol wipe down. Is it diluted? I was planning on using the WG Detail Sprits prior to applying the WG DGPS. Would I benefit more by using the isopropyl alcohol for a wipe down? If so what's the best method for the wipe down?

Bought at 91%, IPA can be used straight or you can dilute it if you like. If your not absolutely sure that your happy with your correction results, use the IPA to clean any leftover product residues and check for any flaws that you want to remove. If your correction is already up to your own standards, you should be fine with the WG Detail Spritz if there is no more than light dust. Otherwise do a quick wash as killr suggested.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you drove the car, you should give it an IPA wipe down or a QD before sealing. Let sealant cure for 12 hrs. before any mositure hits the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Since you drove the car, you should give it an IPA wipe down or a QD before sealing. Let sealant cure for 12 hrs. before any mositure hits the paint.
    So if you have to wait 12 hours before it rains or you rewash it, then why are you able to apply wax afterwards? I don't own any WG products, but I'm getting ready to do my first polishing event so I was a little confused about this.

However it is good to know that after I polish and before I put sealant on if something did come up I can wipe the paint down with IPA when I get that next opportuninty to continue the process.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you do an IPA wipedown after polishing to make sure you truly removed the defects?

What color is your car?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jayhkr View Post
    So if you have to wait 12 hours before it rains or you rewash it, then why are you able to apply wax afterwards? I don't own any WG products, but I'm getting ready to do my first polishing event so I was a little confused about this.

However it is good to know that after I polish and before I put sealant on if something did come up I can wipe the paint down with IPA when I get that next opportuninty to continue the process.
    I always apply the sealant right after the TSR and the Finishing Glaze. Then the next day (after 12 hours has passed), I do a quick wash/rinse, and I wax the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast