autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: swirl removal

Post Thanks / Like

swirl removal

will the wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0 be too agressive for light swirl removal on a new car, or would u recommend the xmt swirl remover #2 ? also, i have some meguiars swirl remover x and pinnacle cleansing lotion. would these 2 products work just as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: swirl removal

What are you working on and with what machine?

I dont have any experience with WG TSR.

I tried XMT #2. I was not all that crazy about it. I had a hard time getting the working time right. It just did not seem to want to get the swirls either. I found myself reaching for the #3 alot. I eventually got tired of it and went to the Megs Ultimate Compound and SwirlX.

I used Megs Swirl X on my fairly beat up 98 Chevy truck as an experiment to test it. It worked very well for very light swirls using a white pad on my Griots 6in ROP. I also had good results with it on the small panels using 4 in orange pads followd by 4 in white pads using my old style Porter Cable 7424.

That was for light swirls only. It did not touch the RIDS (deeper scratches). The old truck had a lot of those. I just wanted to see what SwirlX would do. I eventually bought the Megs 105/205 and loved them.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by molarman View Post

will the wolfgang total swirl remover 3.0 be too agressive for light swirl removal on a new car,
    No. Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover is effective for light swirls but very gentle to the finish at the same time. In all the products I've ever used in my life it is easily one of the most "Bubba Proof" products I've ever used.

Wipe off is easy and while I and most anyone reading this is primarily concerned with removing the defects, as you work around a car and have a few hours into JUST the swirls removal step... you'll start to really appreciate a product that wipes off easily and leaves a clear, high gloss finish.

As usual... please anyone reading this besides the original poster, (referred to as the OP in forum lingo), please do a Test Spot first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    No. Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover is effective for light swirls but very gentle to the finish at the same time. In all the products I've ever used in my life it is easily one of the most "Bubba Proof" products I've ever used.

Wipe off is easy and while I and most anyone reading this is primarily concerned with removing the defects, as you work around a car and have a few hours into JUST the swirls removal step... you'll start to really appreciate a product that wipes off easily and leaves a clear, high gloss finish.

As usual... please anyone reading this besides the original poster, (referred to as the OP in forum lingo), please do a Test Spot first.

thanks for the advice, as usual u are too knowledgeable !