autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What Products/Pads???

Ok so based on the feedback I've gotten I just pulled the trigger on a GG this morning with a 5" and 3.5" backing plates. I have a '04 Toyota Solara (Black) and an '07 Vette (Red). The Solara is my DD and has some light oxidation on side mirrors...as well as some light/moderate scratches and swirls. The vette is in very good shape (garage queen) with little to no light scratches. Now where do I start in order to be able to maintain these two cars? I've never used a machine polisher so the DD is my practice vehicle...any advice/suggestions you can give is greatly appreciated. Pads choices and what products work best...I'd like to eventually be able to maintain the vette in show like appearance. Again I'm new to your world so something simple is what I'm looking for...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Products/Pads???

Having the courage to try is the most daunting thing...everything else comes easier. There are some good videos you can see too with people using random orbital polishers. They will give you correction but it just takes some time. As far as pads, I like LCC. Their new Kompressor pads are supposed to be great...I haven't tried them yet. I've got the old style and they work well for me. As for polishes, I'm a huge Menzerna fan although Megs 105/205 combo is great. You should really follow it with Menz 85rd or something similar. Don't forget after doing all that work, you need to lock it in. Use Collinite 845 and you will have awesome looks and protection. If you go with Menz, either get power finish and 85rd with an orange or green LCC pad as well as a blue one. You could also get SIP and 85rd with the same pads. I recommend the PF..it's a very versatile product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Having the courage to try is the most daunting thing...everything else comes easier. There are some good videos you can see too with people using random orbital polishers. They will give you correction but it just takes some time. As far as pads, I like LCC. Their new Kompressor pads are supposed to be great...I haven't tried them yet. I've got the old style and they work well for me. As for polishes, I'm a huge Menzerna fan although Megs 105/205 combo is great. You should really follow it with Menz 85rd or something similar. Don't forget after doing all that work, you need to lock it in. Use Collinite 845 and you will have awesome looks and protection. If you go with Menz, either get power finish and 85rd with an orange or green LCC pad as well as a blue one. You could also get SIP and 85rd with the same pads. I recommend the PF..it's a very versatile product.
    Thanks for the info but I don't know some of the buzz words yet...PF...SIP...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NYC-Style View Post
    Thanks for the info but I don't know some of the buzz words yet...PF...SIP...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ion-chart.html

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for the Menzerna Power Finish 203 and Menzerna 85RD.
    2019 Subaru Forester Limited
    2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited