autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why is this happening?

o yea I forgot that it was attached, i tossed mine aside as soon as I got the box in the mail. Yes that is what I am talking about. If the pad that came with the machine gets bogged give PC a call tomorrow and they will be able to help you further than we can online.

IMO I would just try to work through the speeds with it on any smooth surface you can find (one you don't mind if it gets swirled or something...workbench, outdoors table etc.) Just use a sealant on the stock pad and let us know if it still bogs. That will answer the pad size question for good.
    Jon Miles

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonMiles View Post
    o yea I forgot that it was attached, i tossed mine aside as soon as I got the box in the mail. Yes that is what I am talking about. If the pad that came with the machine gets bogged give PC a call tomorrow and they will be able to help you further than we can online.

IMO I would just try to work through the speeds with it on any smooth surface you can find (one you don't mind if it gets swirled or something...workbench, outdoors table etc.) Just use a sealant on the stock pad and let us know if it still bogs. That will answer the pad size question for good.
    Okay, thank you very much for your help. Will definitly give iy a try tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem at all, I hope it works for you...be sure to let everyone know what the outcome is, it might help someone down the road.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonMiles View Post
    No problem at all, I hope it works for you...be sure to let everyone know what the outcome is, it might help someone down the road.
    This is why I love AGO (besides the staff/mods)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little late to your guys party, but here's my take.

Yes, the pads are just too big.
    "Others have used them yadda yadda..."
    Good for the ones that have had success, but I have had 6.5" pads stop rotating on me most of the time on anything less than speed 5. (Using PCXP).

The 5.5" pads work great with the PC, and you get much better correction. The 6.5" pads are too big generally speaking. I could only imagine how it would be with a 7".

Also, FWIW, I have run my PC at speed 6 for hours before. Still on my first BP and my pads are only showing the normal expected wear (some 6.5", some 5.5").

DLB

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay,

today I gave it another try and I am pretty sure its a pad issue. I used the stock backing plate and pad that comes with the machine on Speed 5 and it only bogged down and quit rotating under around 20lbs of pressure. I then tried it on Speed 6 and I could barely get the pad to stop rotating under heavy pressure.

So, now in the near future I will be ordering some 5.5" LC CCS pads. Will they work with a W67DA backing plate? I think I will order the green, white and blue ones. I might order an LC backing plate as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had any issues with the 6.5" or 7" pads but I also do my correction work on speed 6.

I base by pad selection per the vehicle as you do cover more area with the larger pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Did some further testing,

I changed out my W68DA backing plate for my W67DA backing plate and there was a huge difference. The pad would only stop rotating on speed 5 when heavy pressure was applied, I bet theres an even bigger difference on Speed 6.

Thanks to everyone that chimed in on this thread. I appreciate it. Time to get some 5.5" pads and use them with my W67DA backing plate and I should be good to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123