autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Polyurethane Spray Foam Overspray Removal

Good morning all,

It's been a while since my last post. Busy holidays. Hope everybody else's holidays went great. On to my topic:

I just made contact w/ a commercial roofing and painting outfit. They sometimes have overspray of the polyurethane foam insulation product that they use. This is a 2-part expanding foam. They like the fact that I'd be able to travel to location instead of having their customers go to the local auto body shop like they have been doing.

Has anyone had experience with removing this type of overspray? My prelimanary instinct is to use clay, but do I need to get into the more aggressive clays to be effective and efficient? How difficult is this stuff going to be to remove?

I think I am going to do some of my own testing by buying some of the can spray foam and using it on a test panel that I have. Then, try out multiple methods and find out which one would work best. Just looking for a little insight from someone who might have more experience dealing with this specific type of overspray.

TIA
    Allen M. Kwiatkowski - Discern Auto Salon
    Your Automotive Appearance Concierge

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polyurethane Spray Foam Overspray Removal

I would try Stoner's Tarminator on a small test area.

Post Thanks / Like

Plastic Razor Blades will be a must !

Mike Phillips

I just bumped the below thread and asked for an update, maybe see if this forum member finds something that helps him with overspray/splatter problem.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...help-mike.html

Here's another thread you might read-through...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ified-sap.html

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Polyurethane Spray Foam Overspray Removal

Quote Originally Posted by rasch_C View Post
    Good morning all,

It's been a while since my last post. Busy holidays. Hope everybody else's holidays went great. On to my topic:

I just made contact w/ a commercial roofing and painting outfit. They sometimes have overspray of the polyurethane foam insulation product that they use. This is a 2-part expanding foam. They like the fact that I'd be able to travel to location instead of having their customers go to the local auto body shop like they have been doing.

Has anyone had experience with removing this type of overspray? My prelimanary instinct is to use clay, but do I need to get into the more aggressive clays to be effective and efficient? How difficult is this stuff going to be to remove?

I think I am going to do some of my own testing by buying some of the can spray foam and using it on a test panel that I have. Then, try out multiple methods and find out which one would work best. Just looking for a little insight from someone who might have more experience dealing with this specific type of overspray.

TIA
    check out my website for any infor about Polyurethane spray foam removal. I have repaired thousands of vehicles from heavily damaged spray foam.Home - Paint Overspray Removal International Services

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Suggs View Post
    check out my website for any infor about Polyurethane spray foam removal. I have repaired thousands of vehicles from heavily damaged spray foam.Home - Paint Overspray Removal International Services

Be nice to see some answers here on AG and not have to travel outside of the Forum. Perhaps you can help and answer here in this thread even tho it is an old thread. Seems from ur avatar you have some experience in this issue! Care to elaborate and share please. TY
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I also would be very interested on how to remove over spray even though I haven't worked on thousands of cars I'm always looking to learn something new .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wax Gorilla View Post
    Plastic Razor Blades will be a must !
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Suggs View Post
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Be nice to see some answers here on AG and not have to travel outside of the Forum. Perhaps you can help and answer here in this thread even tho it is an old thread. Seems from ur avatar you have some experience in this issue! Care to elaborate and share please. TY
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Yes I also would be very interested on how to remove over spray even though I haven't worked on thousands of cars I'm always looking to learn something new .
    !
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”