autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Menzerna polishes

Well, after beating my head against the wall a few times, I come here to plead for help. I've been debating what polishes to get, and after looking at several different brands including Wolfgang, XMT, etc., I'm thinking I'm just going to go ahead and go with the Menzerna polishes, since they seem to be very widely and highly recommended. But, I'm a little confused with which ones I should get. I want some that are versatile, meaning they can be used on both hard and soft paints, good working time, low dusting, that sort of thing. I was looking at the Menzerna Intro Kit. Is this a good kit, or which polishes should I be looking at. Seems like I've been asking a lot of questions lately, and maybe I have, but being a poor college student, I have to make every dollar count and so I'm trying to get the best bang for the buck. Thanks!

P.S. If there's perhaps some different polishes I should be looking at (other than M105/M205, since I'm getting those one way or another), please let me know.
    Last edited by Shane731; 01-24-2010 at 12:29 AM.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna polishes

I have personally found Menzerna to be the polishes I like best and offer most. They are so darn easy to use, and provide great results. I too still feel the use of diminishing abrasives in a novice or hobbist session offers an extra degree of safety. Others will of course disagree.

But I would offer three suggestions that almost any detailer should find as perfect for them:

Menzerna SIP and Nano Polishes
    Megs 105 and 205
    Wolfgang 3.0 TSR and FG

Couple of notes. Megs uses diminishing abrasives but are pretty easy to use so included. Wolfgang offers the smallest sizes in 8 ounce and thus sometimes the best starting point for a new polisher. No wrong choice, but indeed some options.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Are you detailing only a few cars or are you doing it for money?
    If only a few cars what type of finish condition do they currently have?

Taking into account making every dollar count if you only have a couple cars to work on I will say this:

Wolfgang 8 oz. Swirl Remover Combo, Wolfgang polishes, total swirl remover, finishing glaze, machine glaze

Or:
    If you want to save some money over the long run:
    http://www.autogeek.net/wotoswre.html and
    Right now the 85RD menzerna is on sale for 29.99!!!
    http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-final-finish-po85rd.html

Or:

Menzerna Power Finish PO 203, one step polish, swirl remover, finishing polish, car polish, german car polish, menzerna polishing compounds, power and
    Right now the 85RD menzerna is on sale for 29.99!!!
    http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-fin...sh-po85rd.html

It really depends on what you're trying to do and what cars you're working on. One quick note: If trying to compare the Wolfgang TSR and FG to Menzerna they are probably most closely compared with 203 & 106 FA.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny! killr typed faster then I did. You can pretty much ignore my post. Killr already said it all in his. except for the Menz 85RD
    Last edited by CEE DOG; 01-24-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Too funny! killr typed faster then I did. You can pretty much ignore my post. Killr already said it all in his. except for the Menz 85RD
    you get extra points for adding the links

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

How good does PO 203 work on a wool pad?
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I have personally found Menzerna to be the polishes I like best and offer most. They are so darn easy to use, and provide great results. I too still feel the use of diminishing abrasives in a novice or hobbist session offers an extra degree of safety. Others will of course disagree.

But I would offer three suggestions that almost any detailer should find as perfect for them:

Menzerna SIP and Nano Polishes
    Megs 105 and 205
    Wolfgang 3.0 TSR and FG

Couple of notes. Megs uses diminishing abrasives but are pretty easy to use so included. Wolfgang offers the smallest sizes in 8 ounce and thus sometimes the best starting point for a new polisher. No wrong choice, but indeed some options.
    So is this the kit I should be looking at: Menzerna Ceramic Intro Kit? Or will the Intro kit suffice? Or is there a different kit I should get? BTW, the main cars I will be doing are my car ('95 Olds with hard GM clear) and my parents' four Hondas, and maybe a few cars on the side once I get the hang of it. Since I'm new to machine polishing, I want to keep it simple, which is why I was thinking of going with the Intro Kit.
    Last edited by Shane731; 01-24-2010 at 02:32 PM.
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like

most older GM paints respond well to Intensive Polish and Final Polish. I do however find that harder coats (maybe GM applies its clearcoat thicker??) respond easier to the ceramiclear polishes. That is however my personal opinion. I will say in the last 3-4 years more than ample Corvetteforum bros/sisters have followed this advice and posted thanks and gratitude on lots of different finishes.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    most older GM paints respond well to Intensive Polish and Final Polish. I do however find that harder coats (maybe GM applies its clearcoat thicker??) respond easier to the ceramiclear polishes. That is however my personal opinion. I will say in the last 3-4 years more than ample Corvetteforum bros/sisters have followed this advice and posted thanks and gratitude on lots of different finishes.
    I know I have a hard clear coat. This is from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    My car is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL. For the mid 90's, this car and the Buick Park Avenue were the "low high-end cars" for GM, meaning they were the next best thing to Cadillac. This being the case, my car has the notoriously hard GM clear.

I am also a member on MOL, and back in November, myself and a couple members from Murfreesboro, Nashville, etc. got together just to put names to faces and hopefully learn something. One of the members that was there is a mobile detailer in Nashville. On my trunk were quite a few scratches. He tried several product and pad combos - each meeting with no success - to get the scratches out. Finally he resorted to M105 with a wool pad on his Makita to remove the scratches, and he did it with no hazing or hologramming (not sure if this was due to his technique, the hard clear, or both, but either way I was happy). Then he let me try M105 on a Meg's polishing pad with the PC7424 to try and remove swirl marks - the clear laughed. Then I tried M105 on a Meg's cutting pad, and that removed probably 90 - 95% of the swirls.

OK, so what about softer clear coats, like Honda? What type of polishes (talking about Menzerna polishes here) do they respond well to?
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like

i hadnt polished/buffed in many years and when i started it again last year, i purchased the DAXP, Menzerna Super Intensive Polish, and the Nano Polish. Wouldnt trade em for the world!! dont want anything else.

the only thing im going to buy is the XMT all in one for the customers that dont wanna pend the money on a 2 stage. and im sick of wasting my menzerna on 1 stage polishes. I paid 50 bucks a bottle to show amazing results, lol. which the menzerna always shows amazing results for me.

here is my 01 mustang gt i used the SIP and nano on.

FINALLY!! Our 01 Mustang GT
    17 Tucson | 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP | 89 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10

@TheRealPolisher on FaceBook | @green2kgt on IG

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast