autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking at some waxes and soaps - need some help

Fixing to place an order here within the next few weeks or so, and I was looking at these waxes:

Pinnacle Signature Series II
    DP Max Wax
    XMT 180 High Gloss Carnauba Paste Wax

I honestly have no idea which one to get. They all sound like great waxes, and I'm sure they all are. Any input on these? Ease of application and removal, gloss, slickness, water beading, (estimated) durability? Just looking for some insight.

Also, between these three soaps - Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, XMT Gel Shampoo and Conditioner, and DP Xtreme Foam, which one is the best? Which one offers the best suds and lubricity? Cleaning action? Thanks!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking at some waxes and soaps - need some help

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Fixing to place an order here within the next few weeks or so, and I was looking at these waxes:

DP Max Wax

I honestly have no idea which one to get. They all sound like great waxes, and I'm sure they all are. Any input on these? Ease of application and removal, gloss, slickness, water beading, (estimated) durability? Just looking for some insight.

Also, between these three soaps - Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, XMT Gel Shampoo and Conditioner, and DP Xtreme Foam, which one is the best? Which one offers the best suds and lubricity? Cleaning action? Thanks!
    Waxes are made to protect the gloss you get out of your clear coat. It's all in the prep of the clear coat. If the paint is preped right only a trained eye can spot a $50 wax vrs. a $500 wax. So my point is, concentrate on poiishing rather than the wax your going to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry too add to your question but I would consider these soaps as well:

The following list (which includes what you listed) are the shampoos I have seen listed as favorites on Autogeek. In order of the qty of "votes" I have seen people give them here are the products that meet your criteria.

Optimum car wash
    Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds
    Duragloss 901
    dp extreme
    pinnacle bodywork shampoo
    Meguiars Gold Class
    DP Auto Bath

FYI:Currently I use Ultima wash which works great (but I use Ultima sealant as well)

To specifically answer some of your question as to what's best at what click here:
    according to some of the posts in that thread optimum is great for lubricity.

copied from a post by MikeyC:
    ".......According to Mike, suds are not an integral part of the washing process. Some soaps are intentionally not sudsy. If they provide lubricity and cleaning power but not suds they're still a good soap. I've never used Supernatural Shampoo but no suds doesn't necessarilly make it a bad soap."
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

For reasonable waxes that wont break the bank, consider :
    Poorboys Natty Red or Blue
    Pinnacle Sig Series II or Liquid Souveran
    DP Max Wax
    P21S 100%

While using these carnauba based products, consider a soap that is not to harsh and wont strip them. Pinnacle and Poorboys are two I would grab for immediately.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Sorry too add to your question but I would consider these soaps as well:

The following list (which includes what you listed) are the shampoos I have seen listed as favorites on Autogeek. In order of the qty of "votes" I have seen people give them here are the products that meet your criteria.

Optimum car wash
    Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds
    Duragloss 901
    dp extreme
    pinnacle bodywork shampoo
    Meguiars Gold Class
    DP Auto Bath

FYI:Currently I use Ultima wash which works great (but I use Ultima sealant as well)

To specifically answer some of your question as to what's best at what click here:
    according to some of the posts in that thread optimum is great for lubricity.

copied from a post by MikeyC:
    ".......According to Mike, suds are not an integral part of the washing process. Some soaps are intentionally not sudsy. If they provide lubricity and cleaning power but not suds they're still a good soap. I've never used Supernatural Shampoo but no suds doesn't necessarilly make it a bad soap."
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    For reasonable waxes that wont break the bank, consider :
    Poorboys Natty Red or Blue
    Pinnacle Sig Series II or Liquid Souveran
    DP Max Wax
    P21S 100%

While using these carnauba based products, consider a soap that is not to harsh and wont strip them. Pinnacle and Poorboys are two I would grab for immediately.

2005 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
    aka "Storm Trooper"

"Car waxes and paint sealants are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many" - Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

DP Max Wax

Pinnacle Signature Series II and Max Wax are both great waxes your cant go wrong with either of them.

As for soap I would go with DP Xtreme Foam or Poorboys Super Slick and Suds. I just recently tried Megs Deep Crystal Car Wash and I was amazed with its cleaning power. I had a empty 128oz DP bottle so i cleaned it out and filled it with 1.5 bottle of Megs Deep Crystal and 1 32oz Bottle od Poor Boys Super Slick and Subs and I couldn't be happier. I get the cleaning power of Megs and the slickness of Poorboys all in 1.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Waxes are made to protect the gloss you get out of your clear coat. It's all in the prep of the clear coat. If the paint is preped right only a trained eye can spot a $50 wax vrs. a $500 wax. So my point is, concentrate on poiishing rather than the wax your going to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys all the way!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried seven products a year ago and found DP Xtreme Foam to be a really good product - so good I included it in my last order (where I could have selected any that AG carries). See this topic, then go down to post #22:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ervations.html

sullysdetailing commented about the Meg's Deep Crystal - it is one I used for a long time, until finding DP Xtreme was my go-to shampoo (I still have a quart of it left) - it's a good shampoo for general use and the price is very reasonable.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Linux Reg. User #206357 (Feb. '99)
    "Can't get there from here."