autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Speed now offshore made

Yeah, I started to reply to this thread a few days ago, 3D has all the "made in USA" stuff plastered over their (USA) website, but remember Tunch is from Turkey or somewhere, and it's 3D International, and it may be that the Asian-market product is made in Asia, and some seller there decided he could make more money by selling it on Amazon here.

I've found there is a weird market here for things like oil filters for Asian cars, especially when Honda locally-sourced their oil filters for the US, people wanted the "real" JDM filters and there was all kinds of crazy stuff going on.

2. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Speed now offshore made

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah, I started to reply to this thread a few days ago, 3D has all the "made in USA" stuff plastered over their (USA) website, but remember Tunch is from Turkey or somewhere, and it's 3D International, and it may be that the Asian-market product is made in Asia, and some seller there decided he could make more money by selling it on Amazon here.
    This is the likely answer. Vendors come and go all the time on Amazon doing that kind of thing.

I've found there is a weird market here for things like oil filters for Asian cars, especially when Honda locally-sourced their oil filters for the US, people wanted the "real" JDM filters and there was all kinds of crazy stuff going on.
    I'm not sure about the Honda oil filters, but often there are performance gains (i.e. better filtering or improved flow) by going with the JDM or non-US market versions for some of those parts. In the case of my car, it's air filters. The US-market ones have this strange dense foam layer glued to the bottom/engine side of the filter the JDM/Euro version does not. Buying JDM/Euro filter gets you the same filtering ability and better airflow since the filter element is the same minus the strange foam layer.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234