autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gimmie your two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I was going to say him^
    I remember him saying that because of how much I disagreed with him. He said it in such a way that it was condescending. I didn’t like the way he said that.

…And then he went on to make that video where he’s hand washing that blue Ford GT and that video is full of errors like who the hell makes that many mistakes washing a car. I was practically yelling at my screen like this guys supposed to be an expert? Give me a break…
    I have had the exact same “what the he!!” moments with some of the stuff he says

Gimmie your two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Eldorado2k, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    They would make a online purchase of a gallon of something if i recommended it

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    If that's the case then a gallon of N914 would serve them well. The v2 is supposedly even nicer than the original.

4. Likes chilly, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Thats weird, because i had a similar thought earlier about a bucket with gamma seal and rinseless, small pump sprayer etc

Yes to this being a semi. But also pertains in general to all

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I’ve found 2 gallon ones and that’s what I usually will do my Gary deans with…

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Todd at Esoteric said the same in a video a couple years ago. Just leave it and wash it later. I think he said something to the effect of he would rather own a dusty/dirty car with paint in great shape than a really clean car with paint that has swirls and/or scratches.
    Yeah I remember that Esoteric video. There not a fan of rinsless either.

8. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I was going to say him^
    I remember him saying that because of how much I disagreed with him. He said it in such a way that it was condescending. I didn’t like the way he said that.

…And then he went on to make that video where he’s hand washing that blue Ford GT and that video is full of errors like who the hell makes that many mistakes washing a car. I was practically yelling at my screen like this guys supposed to be an expert? Give me a break…
    I don't like him full stop and refuse to watch any of their content. I've heard some shady things through the grape vine so I'm not gifting him view counts.

10. Likes Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I don't like him full stop and refuse to watch any of their content. I've heard some shady things through the grape vine so I'm not gifting him view counts.
    I actually will.stand up for Todd. I have no affiliation with Esoteric. I was in Dayton 2 summers ago and decided to take a trip over to their shop, it was a 45 minute drive away, why not. Drove up no appointment, walked up and walked right into Todd, was treated like a long time friend. Super busy spot, crazy amount of nice rides. I bought nothing just walked up. Todd, very busy guy, never met me before, gave me a complete tour and talked away with me for at least 2 hours. This was a busy weekday. Only thing missing was beers in our hands. Just a super down to earth car guy with a level, 'one of the guys' personalities. He did have appinontments still to take care of, but chatted with me right up to the minute he couldn't. Again, I bought nothing, walked in a stranger.
    I can't change or make one feel how they view someone from videos on youtube or such, but I can say I met the man once and can say he was a really nice, decent dude to me. And appeared so to all others that he talked to around while we chatted. And I know from the interaction I could walk in today and he would probably talk to me like we didn't miss a beat. Cause thats how it felt then. I think he's a decent guy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really glad to hear there are such good guys still around They don't get enough credit and recognition.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They probably all work similar enough.

I always enjoyed the Meguiar's Quik Deitailer though. That's going back to 1996!

15. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Esoteric gets a pass from me for Budget Plan 1. One of the nicest persons I’ve never met. I trust his opinions about detailing.

If he was willing to leave a long standing job to go work for them and been there 1-2 years I gotta assume there good guys… I like there content as much as anyone else out there.

17. Thanks Silly Rabbit, BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gimmie your two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Says the guy who shops at Obsessed…. Gimmie your two cents.Gimmie your two cents.

Same has been said but ALOT more about Matt@Obsessed.

Matt seems like he could be Todd’s spoiled illegitimate son…Gimmie your two cents.Gimmie your two cents.Gimmie your two cents.Gimmie your two cents.

I still give him the benefit of the doubt. I didn’t at all like what he said and did with the Apex gen 1.

But I don’t black ball him tho….

I was not a fan of Todd to begin with but heard a lot of good things about Eaoteric

Then as mentioned BudgetPlan1 went to work there and he is a generous, gracious, helpful guy. One of the hood ones not here to often anymore.

I couldn’t see him no matter the situation working anyone douchey.

19. Likes DFB, Silly Rabbit, dlc95 liked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast