autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning Wash Mitts And Drying Towels

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I have never owned a truly lint free glass towel of any kind that I am aware of

If I found one that was truly lint free I think I would take whatever steps were necessary to keep it that way

In my world you could clean a window with a rock and I swear it would leave lint

Final wipe with a ZAP cloth. Love griot’s Crinkles glass towels and zap hasn’t been needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Have you tried the Griot's crinkle glass towels? They're pretty nice. The crinkle weave helps keep the towel from folding over on itself and the flat weave on the other side gets rid of any streaks you may encounter. They come in packs of 3.

Amazon.com
    Only thing is I wish they were two seperated towels I use two now one folded to each side so I don’t have to refold while using.

Especially good for windshield

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't separate glass towels although the reasons given here are certainly valid, but I should have been more specific about towels, I also split them into "touches exterior paint" and general towels for interiors, jambs, etc

I have black towels for "dirty" jobs and they go in with the mitts, although when I still dried wheels with towels they got washed separately as did my wheel mitt

I have never done a coating so I don't have those towels to toss or contend with

The one thing I wish I had a better bead on is microfiber wheel "brushes" (woolies, etc) and what you really should be doing to keep them cleaned after a session

Mine don't have the covers that come off so you can't launder them

I blast them off with the pressure gun and leave them upside down in a bucket to dry
    I just inspect before reusing. Ones like barrel blade and detail factory you can remove part that touch’s rim and wash

6. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never tried ANY PFM towels although I never hear anything but positive reviews

I will bite the bullet and jump in
    Just dont go overboard. Don’t know how much my opinion holds credence but I’m a fan.

All these are Griots and one cheap twisted loop from MTM (great F’ing towel they don’t sell anymore). All except baby blue Griots are PFM’s

Glass towels aren’t pictured but best I’ve personally used (haven’t used a lot of glass towels though).

Autoegeek had an awesome MF sale I think in 2020 so I got stupid. Figured I’d be on round 2 but like I said before old ones are still Pure Fu€k!ng Magic….

You may be tempted to buy XL drying towel I wouldn’t. You could probably dry it with 2 of the mediums and much better user experience with smaller towels.

8. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Just dont go overboard. Don’t know how much my opinion holds credence but I’m a fan.

All these are Griots and one cheap twisted loop from MTM (great F’ing towel they don’t sell anymore). All except baby blue Griots are PFM’s

Glass towels aren’t pictured but best I’ve personally used (haven’t used a lot of glass towels though).

Autoegeek had an awesome MF sale I think in 2020 so I got stupid. Figured I’d be on round 2 but like I said before old ones are still Pure Fu€k!ng Magic….

You may be tempted to buy XL drying towel I wouldn’t. You could probably dry it with 2 of the mediums and much better user experience with smaller towels.

I think there is a 12 step program for that

Step 1, buy towels

Step 2, use towels

Steps 3-12, rinse and repeat

And for the record as far as I am concerned, your opinion carries a LOT of weight with me

Now, run on down to the Griot's flagship store, cause I know it isn't far from you, and fill a couple of big boxes with towels (and Stevie) and send them on up

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a 12 step program for that

Step 1, buy towels

Step 2, use towels

Steps 3-12, rinse and repeat

And for the record as far as I am concerned, your opinion carries a LOT of weight with me

Now, run on down to the Griot's flagship store, cause I know it isn't far from you, and fill a couple of big boxes with towels (and Stevie) and send them on up
    I remember being down there when the counter person was training her. Next thing I know I see her in the videos. If you can’t get them and need me to send you some just let me know.

12. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember being down there when the counter person was training her. Next thing I know I see her in the videos. If you can’t get them and need me to send you some just let me know.

I will look at the options I have for getting some and see what I find out

Thanks for the kind offer

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used a TRC FTW towel the other day, hard to complain about that one.

Only thing is I wish they were two seperated towels I use two now one folded to each side so I don’t have to refold while using. Especially good for windshield
    Autofiber has a couple like that now, the Amphibian Mini and Amphibian Inside Out--I bought both of them, but haven't used either yet, maybe in a couple of years, I'm not on Chilly's 12-step program.

16. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123