autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning Wash Mitts And Drying Towels

I don’t separate glass towels from wash mitts & drying towels because my wash mitts never see chemicals or polish. Last I checked there was no lint in my wash mitts nor could I see a way for that to even be possible. Once in a while there’s a mitt that gets borderline grimy, but I’ve never had a problem.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I don’t separate glass towels from wash mitts & drying towels because my wash mitts never see chemicals or polish. Last I checked there was no lint in my wash mitts nor could I see a way for that to even be possible. Once in a while there’s a mitt that gets borderline grimy, but I’ve never had a problem.
    I have never owned a truly lint free glass towel of any kind that I am aware of

If I found one that was truly lint free I think I would take whatever steps were necessary to keep it that way

In my world you could clean a window with a rock and I swear it would leave lint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I have never owned a truly lint free glass towel of any kind that I am aware of

If I found one that was truly lint free I think I would take whatever steps were necessary to keep it that way

In my world you could clean a window with a rock and I swear it would leave lint

Really? What kind of towels are your glass towels?

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the last year or so I have been using these thin waffle weave glass towels from Microfibertech

I just went and looked and I am not sure they even sell them anymore

They really scrub glass clean but they will lint

Not horribly but still…

Honestly the bonnets from my old Stoners window cleaning gadget are about as good as I have found

I always wanted to try the huck towels people were so high on but never did and I don’t hear much about them anymore

I think the best ones I’ve had were some low knap pearl ones I had in Hawaii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the last year or so I have been using these thin waffle weave glass towels from Microfibertech

Not horribly but still…

Honestly the bonnets from my old Stoners window cleaning gadget are about as good as I have found

I always wanted to try the huck towels people were so high on but never did and I don’t hear much about them anymore

I have 1 of those waffle weaves. Mines full size and didn’t come from the place you got yours. I don’t use it for glass, I rarely use it these days.

Full size Chemical Guys Grey Matter waffle weaves are excellent glass towels. Those are the ones I use. They’re built differently than that white towel. Griots PFM’s also make for excellent glass towels. I’ve never had lint in either of those 2.

9. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I have 1 of those waffle weaves. Mines full size and didn’t come from the place you got yours. I don’t use it for glass, I rarely use it these days.

Full size Chemical Guys Grey Matter waffle weaves are excellent glass towels. Those are the ones I use. They’re built differently than that white towel. Griots PFM’s also make for excellent glass towels. I’ve never had lint in either of those 2.
    I tried the waffle towels because my ancient full size and thicker waffle drying towels were so good on glass, but these are disappointing

I had some twisted loop glass towels in Hawaii and once again, they scrubbed glass like crazy but they were soooooo loose and floppy in the hand it was like trying to wipe jello on a window

I will see about trying a single PFM and hopefully that will be the golden ticket

I can repurpose the little waffle towels for interior cleaning on really nasty cars

Post Thanks / Like

I use huck towels only on household mirrors these days. They work fine but don't satisfy me on the cars
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not horribly but still…

Have you tried the Griot's crinkle glass towels? They're pretty nice. The crinkle weave helps keep the towel from folding over on itself and the flat weave on the other side gets rid of any streaks you may encounter. They come in packs of 3.

https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage...s%2C149&sr=8-2

14. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Have you tried the Griot's crinkle glass towels? They're pretty nice. The crinkle weave helps keep the towel from folding over on itself and the flat weave on the other side gets rid of any streaks you may encounter. They come in packs of 3.
    I have never tried ANY PFM towels although I never hear anything but positive reviews

I will bite the bullet and jump in

16. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried the waffle towels because my ancient full size and thicker waffle drying towels were so good on glass, but these are disappointing

I had some twisted loop glass towels in Hawaii and once again, they scrubbed glass like crazy but they were soooooo loose and floppy in the hand it was like trying to wipe jello on a window

I will see about trying a single PFM and hopefully that will be the golden ticket

I can repurpose the little waffle towels for interior cleaning on really nasty cars
    Yea that white waffle weave isn’t good for much these days. If you get the PFM’s get the small ones that come in 4pk. You won’t be disappointed whether you use them for glass or whatever. They’re great towels at a fair price too in that 4pk.

18. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast