autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you top off a still dressed tire

I have a feeling I won’t be buying til Fall any way when I get my tires
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had a coating chip, yet. I've only used the TW stuff, and the Opti Gelcoat stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I haven't had a coating chip, yet. I've only used the TW stuff, and the Opti Gelcoat stuff.
    Low Pro's is the issue I suspect

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That may be. Which coating was that?

Post Thanks / Like

Tufshine.

The TW stuff - like the Acrylic Tire Shine. I've used that. It's not a coating like Tufshine.
    I consider the TW a strong dressing
    Tufshine goes on completly clean, dries to a touch, like a water based clear coat

Decent stuff but somewhere in the lower middle for durability - dark side for sure last longer.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I'm talking about the TW coating that they used to make, they haven't made it for some years. The Optimum ones are like the Tuf Shine, white liquid, looks blue when it goes on the tire, dries clear. I haven't used the Tuf Shine (only the tire cleaner)--is it possible you put it on too heavy?

Post Thanks / Like

I see re: TW coating...

I still have my TS . I've used it on a few cars I've sold....it does last until it chips. I think it has its market and may work for BillD if he's not running low pros - and it being a new tire....clean base, no need to scrub till the cows come up and it's got a clean base to start.

I haven't used anything to date that is like Darkside. Pour some in a plastic cup. Pout it back into a bottle.
    Then throw everything just short of the kitchen sink at washing the plastic cup.....it's quite a science experiment on getting that cup clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I was enthusiastic about making Darkside my next tire product but now I have reservations. I don’t want to scrub and start from scratch every time the gloss fades a little. Maybe I’ll revisit 253
    I have found just a normal 1 pass on tires at wash with a tuff shine brush and you can add another layer. It’s very sticky. I like the look better than TW alphabet soup tire coating but I think so far of all new ones I like Griots Ceramic tire dressing.

A little shiny but dies down. Looks almost as good as DarkSide but way easier to apply and maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Low Pro's is the issue I suspect
    Low Pro? 305’s… what kinda car? I’m guessing performance oriented. Something sticky and driven a lot performance wise 2 years definitely realistic.

I wouldn’t go pass 6 years on performance but on a passenger car, SUV or pavement princess truck I’d be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I still have my TS . I've used it on a few cars I've sold....it does last until it chips. I think it has its market and may work for BillD if he's not running low pros - and it being a new tire....clean base, no need to scrub till the cows come up and it's got a clean base to start.
    Maybe the Tuf Shine chips, I don't remember hearing that. I presumed all of these were pretty much the same, that Tuf Shine probably makes the M37, etc. Funny, since no one remembers this brand, but Tropi-Care used to make a tire coating that was just like these other ones. This idea of scrubbing until you had white suds didn't exist then, so they had a citrus solvent cleaner that you used. Anyway, that never worked and the company went out of business (not because of the tire coating, they made some other stuff also, just another brand like Clearkote that disappeared).

Here's an old thread and a picture: Tropicare automotive products

I guess they called it their non-silicone tire dressing, that's how it's referred to in the thread. (the picture is of something else)

I haven't used anything to date that is like Darkside. Pour some in a plastic cup. Pout it back into a bottle.
    Then throw everything just short of the kitchen sink at washing the plastic cup.....it's quite a science experiment on getting that cup clean.
    That's why I buy disposable measuring beakers so you can throw them out if that happens.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast