autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you top off a still dressed tire

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Chef, I find that (rinseless) washing with Ech2O with a soft brush seems to refresh tire dressings,
    I've never knew that was a thing (technique).
    For top ups, I generally am using up some Mothers Tires Cleaner I have on deck as a mild cleaner/scrub pre topper

Post Thanks / Like

I found it out by accident, during winter washes. During hose season I usually wash wheels that way, even though I mostly do rinseless on the rest of the car. Maybe someday when I use up some more conventional wash I will find a way I'm happy with to rinseless the wheels, it's mostly to do with scrubbing the tires. I seem to be moving to tire coating, so that may help me.

Post Thanks / Like

How do you top off a still dressed tire

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Other weaker tire dressings take top off a bit better

In my case, we're discussing Darkside.
    Still very much on the tire, very hydrophobic....
    Just has lost it's pop and looking a bit too satin.
    I'm not the hugest fan on deep down tire cleanings when not redressing but a top off......as I look at bloom agents a bit differently....and my summers tars are like $2800 for 4 corners.

Tires were very very mildy scrubbed down to remove surface debris , blown dry, etc - re-topped with Darkside.
    Knowing it was still fairly hydrophobic, I let it sit overnight before I buffed the extra off - hoping it will absorb in a bit more if left alone on the surface.

Seems like almost whatever I put on came off the towel...on buff off.
    It did add some more gloss back to the surface so I acheived the goal intended.

How do you retop your tires
    I think brand and model would be more pertinent info than price. Unless all $2800 tires are made the same? How do you top off a still dressed tire

Found Darkside to look and act different on different tires.

DarkSide is good not great in my usage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

"and my summers tars are like $2800 for 4 corners"
    This would explain allot!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I think brand and model would be more pertinent info than price. Unless all $2800 tires are made the same? How do you top off a still dressed tire
    The statement meaning, cleaning:scrubbing till in 2, maybe 3 clean:rinse passes till it is literally white foam. For dressings, I do clean them, and might give them a second pass if it requires it. But I'm not scrubbing the surface, rinse, scrubbing, rinse, till it's perfectly just cleaner with no inkling of brown.
    I don't know how much or how little of the anti blooming agents I am removing with scrubbing till the cows come home. +- I generally may net 2 Seasons of this before they need replacing - so I'm just mindful of how I approach tire prep cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

2 seasons?!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    This would explain allot!

DDP. I stand by my comments on the observations.
    My comments wasn't even re: DDP but about product or process....the bones of this forum.

If a tradesman in the craft showed up to wash my car dispensing some sort of shampoo out of a a 15 Gallon drum, I would not care. But if I saw a Chamois being taken out to dry the car, that would be a deer in the headlights moment to me, as there are finitely Safer Materials out there to dry a car. The same goes for the Vorndaor thread where all I saw was Atomized Cleaner Overspray and Liquified Atomized Dirt:Surface Debris Overspray Flying Freaking everywhere. In that thread, you initially responded you needed to work Fast, which you edited and removed that comment. Then you stated it was just for Demo. I don't care. It's not my car. One can always do a post wipedown on all surfaces post Vornado. But how do you clean the Passenger Side AC duct in which all that Atomized stuff was flying around was the detail I was trying to point out, just in case as a Pro Detailer, it was not on your radar and I wanted to point that out as some people are very sensitive what comes out of the ducts

For example, generally if I'm heading home, I try to mindful to turn off the *AC* a mile before my final destination of the day. Mainly as I want to give the condenser a chance to dry out and not have *Stinky AC* down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah....Almost 2 ton SUV....comes with the territory.

Post Thanks / Like

I was enthusiastic about making Darkside my next tire product but now I have reservations. I don’t want to scrub and start from scratch every time the gloss fades a little. Maybe I’ll revisit 253
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I like Opti-Bond, it comes in an 8oz bottle so you don't have to invest too much to try it. The thing I like most about it is it's not oily/greasy, also not as glossy as 253. Darkside is a solvent-borne as I understand it, Labocosmetica has something similar, I forget the name.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast