autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need quick help; spring products suggestions

Removing polish with ONR, (how diluted?), would that not leave polymer residue, or would I then dry it all off again with clean towel?
    I'll check the Klasse literature, and could still use Eraser or alcohol if it says Ok, rather than ONR.
    Not sure if I'm jewelling or correcting, but I'm gonna get more pads anyway.

And if I'm using Darkside on the tires, will diluted Brake Buster shorten it's durability? I maybe wasted money on BB, being that I'm coating the rims and using Darkside, probably with some old gel on top, that I still have kicking around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raysaint View Post
    Removing polish with ONR, (how diluted?), would that not leave polymer residue, or would I then dry it all off again with clean towel?
    I'll check the Klasse literature, and could still use Eraser or alcohol if it says Ok, rather than ONR.
    Not sure if I'm jewelling or correcting, but I'm gonna get more pads anyway.

And if I'm using Darkside on the tires, will diluted Brake Buster shorten it's durability? I maybe wasted money on BB, being that I'm coating the rims and using Darkside, probably with some old gel on top, that I still have kicking around.
    256:1 the polymers ONR has aid in cleaning and leave nothing behind. Don’t use wash and wax. Version.

Yeah I believe BB would harm Darrkside more than soap and water and all you need on coated wheel.

DarkSide wasn’t too durable for me. After 10 days wasn’t impressed with looks. Daily driver 23 miles round trip….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Six pads will make the job go much faster. A small bucket with a bit of P&S Rags to Riches solution in it comes in real handy for pre-soaking the dirty pads.

4. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding Сasual Dating Legitimate Girls

Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town! Genuine Females Super Сasual Dating Super Сasual Dating

Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes BudgetPlan1, Desertnate, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I would order Cerakote trim from Amazon it’s been amazing for me.

If not I would go Dlux or Gyeon trim. Both rate well.

Agreed wheels off…. Coat them…..

All that effort I would coat the paint. They have gotten a lot easier.

For polishes I like the griots boss creams.

Just read the directions for Cerakote trim, and some reviews on other forums, and they specifically say don't use on new trim. I made it clear our car was new, wondering if I wasted more money?
    Cerakote says it can take up to 9 years for trim to outgas.
    They also said don't use on the black plastic that is between the windows at the windows edge (pillars?)
    What's been anyones experience on a new car?

Post Thanks / Like

Need quick help; spring products suggestions

Just read the directions for Cerakote trim, and some reviews on other forums, and they specifically say don't use on new trim. I made it clear our car was new, wondering if I wasted more money?
    Cerakote says it can take up to 9 years for trim to outgas.
    They also said don't use on the black plastic that is between the windows at the windows edge (pillars?)
    What's been anyones experience on a new car?
    Did not read that. Used on 6 month old Subaru trim and my friend had no complaints. Looked fine when left.

If you ordered on Amazon send back.

And if you’re worried you’ll have that problem with all coatings. Maybe a sealant? If I was planning on coating I wouldn’t use anything till then. Other products may make it hard to clean.

Personally I would keep product free 12 months then coat. My plan for just purchased rav4

Post Thanks / Like

Strange thing is, many on here recommend similar ceramic products for trim, Carpro or Gyeon, and many have used it with success. Are these people dealing with new trim or old?

I'm not worried about coatings, but want to use appropriate ones. I may keep the Cerakote for my 2011 CR-V, which hasn't been detailed in years; I may do an overhaul on it, now that I have so many new products for the new Mazda.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for fun companions for travels and adventures?

Night butterflies: dating for special occasions Verified Females

Post Thanks / Like

Strange thing is, many on here recommend similar ceramic products for trim, Carpro or Gyeon, and many have used it with success. Are these people dealing with new trim or old?

I'm not worried about coatings, but want to use appropriate ones. I may keep the Cerakote for my 2011 CR-V, which hasn't been detailed in years; I may do an overhaul on it, now that I have so many new products for the new Mazda.
    Yeah most manufacturers gonna have same recommendations. The want to cover there rear as no real way to remove coating for trim. I would wait a year personally on new trim. My plan would s no product for at least a year then coat.

If trim looks good may wait longer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12