autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Opinions On Prerinse With ONR

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Pre-rinsing with a RW is a WASTE OF TIME and product.

If your concerned with grit/debris on the surface prior to a hand contact wash, then a good high pressure water rinse will do just fine. What remains afterwards is road film and soiling that can be safely removed (using a good practice) with a quality shampoo or RW.
    I completely agree.^

Case & point: Gloss black wheels. There’s no part of the vehicle that gets dirtier than the wheels, and 99% of people pre rinse the wheels with plain water, [some don’t even pre rinse at all] and if it were a problem, people would be confessing about instilling scratches on their gloss black wheels but there’s never been a single person that’s ever told such a tale.

I’d be willing to bet the so called influencers haven’t even thought of it or there’d be dumb videos warning people about it being somekind of “detailing mistake” lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinions On Prerinse With ONR

This topic is kinda what I was going to ask closer to spring. I don't want to foam the new car, so my thought was to hose it off first, then pre-spray diluted ONR on the car more as lube before contact; not to loosen dirt. Is that a sound theory? Or will a good soap do the lubing?

And coincidently yesterday I watched a video on another detailing site, and he did a pros/cons of plain water rinsing before starting your foam and wash. There were more cons than pros. He said apply foam to dry car. Food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raysaint View Post
    This topic is kinda what I was going to ask closer to spring. I don't want to foam the new car, so my thought was to hose it off first, then pre-spray diluted ONR on the car more as lube before contact; not to loosen dirt. Is that a sound theory? Or will a good soap do the lubing?

And coincidently yesterday I watched a video on another detailing site, and he did a pros/cons of plain water rinsing before starting your foam and wash. There were more cons than pros. He said apply foam to dry car. Food for thought.
    You shouldn’t really be worrying too hard unless your new car is jet black.
    And if your new car happens to be metallic silver or white or metallic anything then you’re way overthinking it. Lol.

Pre rinse with the hose and bucket washing is more than fine. If you want to rinse then pre spray with rinseless before the contact wash then go ahead if it makes you feel better, it certainly can’t hurt, but is it necessary? No.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm obviously a foam gun advocate. This is what I do: rinse with water,foam up the car entirely with the foam gun, start washing with the foam gun. I've gotten the hang of this for a long time now,it works for me and the results are great.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on level of dirty ness. Really dirty I I would pre foam with soap on dry car with IK foam pro 12. Rinse then pretreat with rinseless and let dwell. Do rinseless.

If car not really dirty I would just pre soak with rinseless and then do a rinseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You shouldn’t really be worrying too hard unless your new car is jet black.
    And if your new car happens to be metallic silver or white or metallic anything then you’re way overthinking it. Lol.

Pre rinse with the hose and bucket washing is more than fine. If you want to rinse then pre spray with rinseless before the contact wash then go ahead if it makes you feel better, it certainly can’t hurt, but is it necessary? No.
    Our new car is a Mazda with Soul red Metallic color. What is the relevance of metallic paint with washing?

Post Thanks / Like

Our new car is a Mazda with Soul red Metallic color. What is the relevance of metallic paint with washing?
    Metalic paint tends to make swirls harder to see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12