autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Best pads for Flex Supa Beast (Flex XCE 10-8 125)

Hey guys,

Ordering a Flex Supa Beast (upgrading from an old Griots GG6 I had) and want to make sure I'm purchasing pads that will pair well with it.

I will definitely be ordering the 6" backing plate as that seems like a necessity according to Mike Phillips.

The Lake Country Force Hybrid 6.5" pads were the gold standard for the Flex 3401 - is this still the pad to go with? Likely the orange or white pad. More recently Mike has been recommending the Rupes 7" yellow pads.

What do you guys recommend between those two? Or is there something else you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best pads for Flex Supa Beast (Flex XCE 10-8 125)

I have the supa beast machine. Absolutely +1 for LK force hybrid pads. Great match for a forced rotation machine. I picked this up from the incredible work sizzle chests posts on this site. Have done 3 personal vehicles with incredible results.

3. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I 2nd the orange and white LC force pads. White gets used way more than the orange though.

LC Force pads are all that i have ever used on my supa beast. They takea beating, as my style uses good amount of downward pressure. I have never had the need or urge to seek out any other pads.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I 2nd the orange and white LC force pads. White gets used way more than the orange though.

LC Force pads are all that i have ever used on my supa beast. They takea beating, as my style uses good amount of downward pressure. I have never had the need or urge to seek out any other pads.

Do you find that the orange pads finish OK or do you have to do a two step process with those? I'd probably use the orange pad on my F-150. Years of not being garaged have taken a toll on the paint (thankfully it is garaged now)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CC268 View Post
    Do you find that the orange pads finish OK or do you have to do a two step process with those? I'd probably use the orange pad on my F-150. Years of not being garaged have taken a toll on the paint (thankfully it is garaged now)
    Orange finishes down just fine buddy. As i said in the other thread, ive used orange many times as a single step on more neglected paints when a white pad would not be agressive enough, and im only doing a one step

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Orange finishes down just fine buddy. As i said in the other thread, ive used orange many times as a single step on more neglected paints when a white pad would not be agressive enough, and im only doing a one step

Thanks again. Sounds like the orange will be the way to go for now. I can pick up the white ones at a later time.

Post Thanks / Like

Y
    Yeah it’s why Mike P recommended and to my heart is authority on Flex. Got a bunch of LC Force orange and white for Cbeast and PiXiE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes opie liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite combo for the XCE is by far an orange lake country sdo pad and Sonax PF.