autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washer set up

Hey everyone! I hope y’all are staying warm!!

As some of you may know, I built a dream shop of mine and have been enjoying it from wrenching, detailing and playing with the kids. I’ve recently been wanting to do a “mounted” pressure washer with hose reel for quicker and easier set up. Here is a pic of the way my shop is done. Like a dummy, I didn’t run water at the time of building it but have since ran it to the shop and installed a freeze proof bib. I don’t want to cut my concrete up at all but would like some ideas on how to do this. The circle on the left is my hose bib. On the wall is where my pressure washer is on the inside of the building. Any “tips” or recommendations would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer set up

Um...I don't want to be a debbie downer, but how can that bib be "freeze proof" when it's hanging out in the air like that? What makes those faucets freeze proof is the back end being inside the building where it's above freezing. Unless I'm misunderstanding the picture. I just don't want you to get too far ahead of yourself if the water line is going to freeze. And I don't know where you live, so maybe it's fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Um...I don't want to be a debbie downer, but how can that bib be "freeze proof" when it's hanging out in the air like that? What makes those faucets freeze proof is the back end being inside the building where it's above freezing. Unless I'm misunderstanding the picture. I just don't want you to get too far ahead of yourself if the water line is going to freeze. And I don't know where you live, so maybe it's fine.
    Hey! The design is set up to where when the water is turned off, it drains back inside the line. I’m in Arkansas so not too bad on freeze however it’s been hovering around 8 degrees for over a week and it worked perfect today!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, it drains back into the underground portion? Obviously it works, so never mind. And you're a wild man, foaming your truck in 8 degree weather!

5. Likes mattmann, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Oh, it drains back into the underground portion? Obviously it works, so never mind. And you're a wild man, foaming your truck in 8 degree weather!
    Too OCD I guess. It was killing me seeing all the salt all over it Pressure washer set up

Post Thanks / Like

Are you dead set on a wall mount system? I considered that, and ended up building a pressure washer cart. I can leave it in the same place in the garage....and treat it like a wall mounted system....but also have the flexibility to roll it outside if needed.

8. Likes mattmann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Are you dead set on a wall mount system? I considered that, and ended up building a pressure washer cart. I can leave it in the same place in the garage....and treat it like a wall mounted system....but also have the flexibility to roll it outside if needed.
    I am not set on a wall mount at all. It’s just what I’ve seen a lot of lately. A cart would be awesome and makes great sense. Do you have a hose reel mounted to your cart to make rolling everything up easier? Do you mind sharing a picture?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann View Post
    I am not set on a wall mount at all. It’s just what I’ve seen a lot of lately. A cart would be awesome and makes great sense. Do you have a hose reel mounted to your cart to make rolling everything up easier? Do you mind sharing a picture?

Here's what i ended up with:

Pressure washer set up-cart_2_50_pct-jpg
    Pressure washer set up-cart_50_pct-jpg

The MTM Foam cannon sits in a piece of 4-inch PVC that I cut and spray painted black....fits perfectly. I'm looking for a different solution for the bucket. The cart is a Luxor EC111-B...the shelves are 32x18. The Cox reel is mounted to a piece of treated 2x6...I needed to raise it up so the crank would clear. I can take more pics tomorrow if you need more angles.

11. Likes BudgetPlan1, DFB, Azure, mattmann, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Here's what i ended up with:

Pressure washer set up-cart_2_50_pct-jpg
    Pressure washer set up-cart_50_pct-jpg

The MTM Foam cannon sits in a piece of 4-inch PVC that I cut and spray painted black....fits perfectly. I'm looking for a different solution for the bucket. The cart is a Luxor EC111-B...the shelves are 32x18. The Cox reel is mounted to a piece of treated 2x6...I needed to raise it up so the crank would clear. I can take more pics tomorrow if you need more angles.
    I would love that. Thank you!!