autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking For A New Polish

Good morning i have been using chemical guys for so long... I know not the best i have searched the threads and cant find an exact one like this. If it is out there please comment the link. Otherwise i am looking to try new polishes and compounds to replace the chemical guys stuff. Looking for suggestions on products with proven results. I do run an auto detailing service so im looking for something that can give quality results on all kinds of vehicles. I am getting into offering ceramics and need a solid paint correction system i can trust. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking For A New Polish

3D One is a compound/polish which is pad dependent. Easy to use with amazing results.

3. Likes Paul A., dlc95, John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love 3D One. I also use Sonax Perfect Finish.

Post Thanks / Like

I've become a big fan of the Griots BOSS polishes. The products are easy to work with and I get great results.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Likes KirkH, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Griot's BOSS is good. But professionally I use Meguiar's more than any other for paint correction. Reasonably priced and you can find it anywhere, including Harbor Freight. I think you will be shocked at how much better it is than CG. For All In One with ceramic , I like McKee's37.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

These days it's mostly 3D for me.

Reasons:
    1. Low to no dust.
    2. Very economical.
    3. Great cut to finish ratio.
    4. Doesn't stain trim pieces.

AAT502- Finishing Polish
    3D ONE Hybrid Compound/Polish
    ACA500 - Xtra Cut

I also really like the Optimum spray polishes, but the new Hyper Compound v5 doesn't seem as "trim friendly" as Hyper Polish. I didn't really enjoy the Intensive Polish, or the previous version of Hyper Compound because of the marring theu would leave behind. Hyper Polish struggled to remove the marring. I'd often have to remove it with 3D ONE on a Uro-Fiber pad.

I still also love:
    Meguiar's Ultimate Compound / Ultimate Polish
    Meguiar's M110, M205, M210
    Jescar Correcting Compound, Medium Polish, Micro Polish
    Menzerns FG400, PF2500, SF4000

9. Likes Rsurfer, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I also really like the Optimum spray polishes, but the new Hyper Compound v5 doesn't seem as "trim friendly" as Hyper Polish. I didn't really enjoy the Intensive Polish, or the previous version of Hyper Compound because of the marring theu would leave behind. Hyper Polish struggled to remove the marring. I'd often have to remove it with 3D ONE on a Uro-Fiber pad.
    Well, that's disappointing. Does the V.5 compound at least leave less marring?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well, that's disappointing. Does the V.5 compound at least leave less marring?
    It's like Hyper Polish on steroids. No marring so far, even with the Purple Foamed Wool, and Hyper Wool pads.

I wanted to enquire on the site but the moderator is way more gregarious over the phone than online.

I'm starting to feel like a real bother to him whenever I ask a question anymore. Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I wanted to enquire on the site but the moderator is way more gregarious over the phone than online.

I'm starting to feel like a real bother to him whenever I ask a question anymore. Lol!
    The way I understand it, Ron's a sales and marketing guy who only got into detailing from working with Dr. G. He's retired so he wound up being the forum rep/Dr. G go-between when Chris parted ways with Optimum. Point is he's not someone with a detailing background. You talked to him on the phone? Because he's not at Optimum, except once in a while, from what I can tell, he lives some hours away. I'm not sure if they patch callers through to Ron, but I understand sometimes you can get Dr. G on the phone, I'm sure he'd like to hear about the trim staining.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    The way I understand it, Ron's a sales and marketing guy who only got into detailing from working with Dr. G. He's retired so he wound up being the forum rep/Dr. G go-between when Chris parted ways with Optimum. Point is he's not someone with a detailing background. You talked to him on the phone? Because he's not at Optimum, except once in a while, from what I can tell, he lives some hours away. I'm not sure if they patch callers through to Ron, but I understand sometimes you can get Dr. G on the phone, I'm sure he'd like to hear about the trim staining.
    Yes, I called the factory one day in 2022 and was directed to him. Super nice guy too! I could have talked with him for hours but I was on the clock.

One of the last couple time I called to place an order, Dr. G picked up and asked if I was being helped.

If the vehicle is still there when I go in next, I'll take a pic. Unfortunately I'm off this week due to weather.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast