autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What's in your daily MF rotation

I'm sure we all have bin's full of MF's like detailing products.....that sit around

What's in you current weekly:daily rotation of MF's

For me:

Washing - TRC Cyclone Ultra Pad . I will use the Cyclone Mitt for more finessing areas like doorcups, grills and such where the pad is too bulky
    Drying - PFM XL
    Windows - GG Crinkle Glass
    Waterless - Eagle 350
    Anything that goes on paint as a QD, topper, etc - GG PFM Dual Weaves or PFM Edgeless Detailing for both the app and final wipe. I just love the weave of the PFM's

Worst part is, like the detailing chems I have like another 6-8X of the above same or similar variants that for the most part still NIP unused.
    I have so many Everest 1100's and haven't really had a use case to use them other than at time of acquiremnent, I was all about the density and plushness

2. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's in your daily MF rotation

I bought some of those Everest 1100's to try for rinseless but they were just too heavy when wet...so they are just sitting around. I was recently going through my scores of towels, half of which I didn't remember I had. Some I had bought a pile and taken half to use and the other half to keep for a rainy day, some I just never used, some were from back in the day when it was easier to buy just one towel to see what it was like to see if I wanted to buy more...so I found some bags of towels from MFT or TRC (and Pak-Shak) that I never used that they don't even sell anymore. Only good thing was I actually took out a MFT glass towel (one-sided twist-weave) that I used the other day and it was very nice; it was so nice that after cleaning the inside of my windshield, I did the side windows and the back window, I don't know how long since I cleaned that back window, but apparently quite a while, from the streaky mess I made on it until I went back over it the next day.

But to answer your question, most of the towels I regularly use are ones that I bought many, many years ago, and the ones I bought later are in bins waiting for the others to wear out or for me to start my own detailing shop, apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy did you open up a bag of worms
    Washing: I like my sponge.
    Drying: Use what I have clean!lol I have Dreadnought,Amphibian,med Liquid8r,GG xl PFM,
    Windows: RC Waffle Weave. Diamond Weave Glass. I need to try the GG Crinkle
    Waterless. Eagle 350
    Topper:RC 350 then Creature.(love)
    And I hear you loud and clear when you talk about not using past purchases. That's probably the majority of everyone hear.lol
    We just have major passion for working on cars and can't help but to get the latest and greatest! It just feel right when we hit that purchase button

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Setec! I've got a sweet towel (tooth) for drying towels. I'm fine with weight as long as it's sucking and leaves a nice finish. Those seem to have a nice finish. That's why I love my Amphibian's.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, I had one of those -reflection moments- looking back
    I finally decided to toss out a bag of sheepskin mitts I have. All cherry picked.......
    I haven't used SS mitts in so long....

I actually do like the SS material somewhat. While it doesn't rinse cleanly like the fine fibers of the MF varian't , there are certain situations where the MF is too soft as a wash material and the SS has a smidge more bite when cleaning panels

I still have a few DF Towels and Detailers Paradise towels . This was before TRC existed and the double stitched towels from these 2 was quite the top tier for me eon's ago

Post Thanks / Like

I still wash mostly with sheepskin mitts because they’ve been lasting for me and I want to get my money’s worth out of them. When they wear I demote them to wheel duty

I only buy more MFs when it’s absolutely necessary. I have some from 15 years ago that are still going strong. I have a feeling they used to lint less back then.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    I still have a few DF Towels and Detailers Paradise towels.
    I have some DF towels somewhere, I may have even tried one of them (boy that guy screwed the pooch on the way out). I don't think I ever bought any towels from Detailer's Paradise--wait, I did! They had one like the Everest 1100 that I came across in the bag--yes, double stitched as you mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Life could not exist without Costco Kirklands. Lol.

10. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

POP Quiz : I went to check but cannot recall which one is DF and which one is DP

I have one the is squared edge corners with sticking going doing 1/3 and 2/3 along the entire towel.

The latter is cross striped down the middle with round corners.

Post Thanks / Like

Washing: TRC EE 350/450
    Drying: GG 16x16 PFM
    Glass: GG Crinkle Glass
    Topper/Spray Wax: TRC Creature Edgeless
    Interior/General Utility: Costco Kirkland

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast