autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's in your daily MF rotation

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    POP Quiz : I went to check but cannot recall which one is DF and which one is DP

I have one the is squared edge corners with sticking going doing 1/3 and 2/3 along the entire towel.

The latter is cross striped down the middle with round corners.
    I'll check and come back and edit. I believe that Zaino towel you linked before you edited is a microfiber. DF is long gone, AFAIK. FWIW I think DF changed the edge treatment along the way, and the DP towel I'm thinking of was microfiber, but I'll go find it.

Here's the Monster Fluffy from Detailer's Paradise, square corners with 1/3 and 2/3 stitching:

The DF Towels were cotton (although I vaguely remember them having a microfiber version briefly) and the ones I have are 17x17 and have cross-stitch edging on two sides, and a wider border like a bath towel (no surprise) on the other two sides.

Post Thanks / Like

thx. since I dug them out, I'm going to have to put them through it's paces . These 2 towels were the primes back in the day in ultra plush dense towels. It not an Everest 1200 towel but these were the gold standard top tier in my stash of yester years.
    These days I may find them too dense...detailing routines, products dictate it somewhat

Post Thanks / Like

This whole thing is reminding me of 100 years ago when I bought a Blue Coral kit, which I then proceeded to save until I had a "good" car. I still haven't used it. I'm wondering if that was my thought process when I bought some of these towels, that I put them away to use on a "good" car.

Post Thanks / Like

What's in your daily MF rotation

I'm sure we all have bin's full of MF's like detailing products.....that sit around

What's in you current weekly:daily rotation of MF's

For me:

Washing - TRC Cyclone Ultra Pad . I will use the Cyclone Mitt for more finessing areas like doorcups, grills and such where the pad is too bulky
    Drying - PFM XL
    Windows - GG Crinkle Glass
    Waterless - Eagle 350
    Anything that goes on paint as a QD, topper, etc - GG PFM Dual Weaves or PFM Edgeless Detailing for both the app and final wipe. I just love the weave of the PFM's

Worst part is, like the detailing chems I have like another 6-8X of the above same or similar variants that for the most part still NIP unused.
    I have so many Everest 1100's and haven't really had a use case to use them other than at time of acquiremnent, I was all about the density and plushness
    I love the Everest for sealant/QD removal and final buff. A very underrated towel in my opinion.

I use EE 500 for rinsless/waterless. Everest/Pluffle/EE350 for sealant QD removal. Twistedcloop towels for drying.. I have some duplex cheap ones I got from MTM during BF sale and swear they are same as PFM’s

Crinkles for glass and 300’s or forest green cobra for coating removal.

One of my favorites but too expensive (I have limits?) are CarPro 2 face.

I tried to love the Creatures as they and the spectrums were my first. Spectrums that are left see wheel duty and the creatures collect dust. Short weave ok but long weave just never felt right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wash: Esoteric Sponge
    Dry: Gyeon Silk Dryer
    Interior: RC Edgeless 300 & yellow 350
    Exhaust/Wheels: black RC Creatures
    Paint: RC lavender 350, Kami Hayabusa Super Black
    Glass: Esoteric Glass Towels, Kamikaze Kamiwaza
    Coating: RC Edgeless 300 & yellow 350
    Wax/Sealant: RC Edgeless 500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

What's the COO of the Kami towels

I go through phases in various hobbies....Rounding year end '23 I put such a hole in my pocket as I ordered a metric. ###load of tools from Japan cause ahem, I needed them

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go broke before I turned any profits if I bought Kamikaze Collection! I see the Hybussa towels and every towel shows the GSM except there XL Hybussa. It's nice and large and nice and expensive! But are you getting a XL version of there 16X16 400 GSM for $70? Wonder why they don't show the GSM on it? HUM.
    I admit I like nice presentation and packaging for my money. On the better main stream lines but serious. 1 exclusive distributor. Slinging K POP detailing supplies for didge

I admit I bought there sponge! I have a sponge fetish, what can I say.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming this tread is in relation to maintenance washing and detailing rather than other detailing tasks like polishing and coating. In that case, I'm using the following for each detail -

TRC Cyclone Pads (Both sizes, the 10X is very heavy when wet though.)

TRC Ultra Wheel Mitt -

TRC Eagle Edgeless 500 (Rinse-less washing)

TRC Gauntlet 15 x 24 (larger vehicles, or after rinse-less washing)

Micro Madness Chipmunk Jr. (Typical drying towel, love the smaller 16 x 16 size)

TRC DMR Jr. (Light blue, door jamb drying)

TRC DMR Jr. (Dark Blue, glass)

TRC Car Wash Towel (I use this for several applications, I like the size of these and workhorse abilities. Green for interior, grey for multi-purpose/dirty jobs, red for engine bays. This towel is slept on in my opinion, no its not the softest or plushest towel on the market, but the size/price/longevity of them is very attractive)

TRC Creature (Green, for delicate interior surfaces/gloss black ect.)

TRC Gauntlet 12x12 (Wheels)

Post Thanks / Like

What's the COO of the Kami towels

I go through phases in various hobbies....Rounding year end '23 I put such a hole in my pocket as I ordered a metric. ###load of tools from Japan cause ahem, I needed them
    'COO' = Country of origin? If so:
    Hayabusa drying towels = PRC
    Kamiwaza = Korea
    Hayabusa Super Black = PRC

When it comes to hobbies, the line between 'want' and 'need' is often conveniently indistinguishable

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I'd go broke before I turned any profits if I bought Kamikaze Collection! I see the Hybussa towels and every towel shows the GSM except there XL Hybussa. It's nice and large and nice and expensive! But are you getting a XL version of there 16X16 400 GSM for $70? Wonder why they don't show the GSM on it? HUM.
    I admit I like nice presentation and packaging for my money. On the better main stream lines but serious. 1 exclusive distributor. Slinging K POP detailing supplies for didge

I admit I bought there sponge! I have a sponge fetish, what can I say.
    Hayabusa Drying Towels are 1100 gsm for the large, 1500gsm for the Mini
    The Hayabusa Super Black Microfiber are 500gsm

I could never use a towel that big...I eventually ditched all of my Griots PFM's because they were just too unruly to use.

I like the Super Blacks for the denser weave as opposed Eagle 500's, kinda same feeling with the Kamiwaza's which for me, are like 'bulked up' Edgeless 300's.

Always keep a stack of Edgeless 300's in the house as well for light cleaning; coupled with some Gyeon Prep a great way to quickly clean glass stove tops, stainless appliances, black touchpads on things and eyeglasses.

Post Thanks / Like

I literally have hundreds of towels but I always grab The Rag Company towels first.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast