autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easy to apply ceramic coating

I have had Can Coat EVO on my father's Ranger since late January 2023, so approaching 12 months. This vehicle is parked outdoors 24/7 and washed/maintained once a month. I noticed a drop off in performance at about 4 months, which was restored by a decon wash with Carpro Lift. I have topped it with drying aids after each wash, and applied KCx S0.02 after about 7 months.

As of today, the coating is still performing quite well, way better than I had expected. Before Can Coat on this car, I was using Collinite 845, which would be flat and mostly done within 3 months at best, leaving me to rely on spray sealants to string it out between coats. So, to get 12 months (with toppers) and still exhibiting hydrophobic properties is quite surprising for me and this vehicle.

I plan to do a quick pass with Essence and recoat with Can Coat EVO again next month.

2. Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can coat is a 3-5 Month product stand alone when a vehicle is outside 24/7 "WITHOUT" toppers...

At the price of CC, I would rather use a high solids ceramic coating...as easy as polysilizane is to apply there are many choices.
    Happy New Year.....

4. Likes Eldorado2k, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Gyeon MOHS EVO on my Tundra....super easy to apply.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy to apply ceramic coating

Btw, I dunno about you guys, but I gave up trying to use the supplied spray tops with Cancoat, they’re useless. They never work when you go back to use them again even if you clean them + all they do is create overspray that gets everywhere unless you walk 10ft. to avoid the car, only to catch a whiff straight to the lungs.🫁lol.

I pitched the sprayers after they failed and replaced them with a flip top that screws right into the can. I just flip the top and dab some onto an applicator and close it back up. Zero spray. Zero fuss. Put the original cap back on once I’m done.

8. Likes Bosko, Coatingsarecrack, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    How do you know for sure the Cancoat hasn’t gradually faded into being the Xtreme Solutions you’re seeing? Also, does it pass the baggie test?

You are correct, I have no way of knowing. And I do not want to dry without a drying aid and risk scratching my paint to find out.

I am basing it on hydrophobic properties after a rain as well as ease of cleaning while washing the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Can coat is a 3-5 Month product stand alone when a vehicle is outside 24/7 "WITHOUT" toppers...

At the price of CC, I would rather use a high solids ceramic coating...as easy as polysilizane is to apply there are many choices.
    Happy New Year.....
    Depends on where one lives. I’ve had the original version go a year with just minimal washing and sitting outside 24/7. Even parked under a tree.

CanCoat Evo went 2 years on my brothers car that sits outside 24/7 and all he does is wash and rarely uses a topper.

Which is why I stated it depends on where one lives.

Quote Originally Posted by joebruin77 View Post
    You are correct, I have no way of knowing. And I do not want to dry without a drying aid and risk scratching my paint to find out.

I am basing it on hydrophobic properties after a rain as well as ease of cleaning while washing the car.
    Topper doesn’t last long anyway.

11. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it never rains in Ca so that could be why it's lasting long for you. I live in the N.E. and barely get 4-5 months out of CanCoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Topper doesn’t last long anyway.
    He says he washes the vehicle every 2 weeks and never dries without using a topper. Beadmaker, Meguiars D156, etc can last 2 weeks especially in normal conditions, so I’d assume Xtreme Solutions can last that long if not longer, so it’s very possible he could see infinite beading from a topper even if it’s standalone regardless of what the base layer once was.

Even in the very poor air quality where I’m at I’ve had Beadmaker last non stop as long as I waterless washed religiously every 4-5 days and topped with Beadmaker.

IMO a products real worth comes if it can survive being left alone, because in the real world there’s times when people get too busy to maintain a religious wash schedule and it can sometimes go several weeks between washes and sometimes even if you do squeeze in a wash there’s no guarantee you took the time to spray a topper which spreads it even thinner and before you know it you’ve got bonded contaminants and you’re in denial trying to justify sheeting for what used to be beading and saying there’s still protection when in reality there’s not.

Everyone’s definition can vary widely, the addition of toppers further widens the scope. For the most part I like to keep things as pure as possible or at least allow 1 product to standalone as long as it can that way I know what it can do and where to point the finger if things wind up failing prematurely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02whitetundra View Post
    Well it never rains in Ca so that could be why it's lasting long for you. I live in the N.E. and barely get 4-5 months out of CanCoat.
    The air quality in the southern tip of Los Angeles where the port and all the refineries are located is the worst in the country and arguably the entire world up until just recently.

You could leave a clean car parked in the driveway doing nothing for 3 weeks and you’ll have a claybar turning brown in that short amount of time. I’ve seen it happen with AIO’s like HD Speed, in perfect weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Btw, I dunno about you guys, but I gave up trying to use the supplied spray tops with Cancoat, they’re useless. They never work when you go back to use them again even if you clean them + all they do is create overspray that gets everywhere unless you walk 10ft. to avoid the car, only to catch a whiff straight to the lungs.🫁lol.

I pitched the sprayers after they failed and replaced them with a flip top that screws right into the can. I just flip the top and dab some onto an applicator and close it back up. Zero spray. Zero fuss. Put the original cap back on once I’m done.

Good idea. I just use disposable eye droppers. Still have the three spray heads the sent somewhere.

[mention]Eldorado2k [/mention] if you didn’t get 6+ months from CanCoat I doubt you’ll get it from the Megs hybrid paint coating.

If you wanna try tho it’s on sale from Big snake river for $27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast