autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do polymer soaps clog towels?

Hey guys,

I have a gallon of uber rinseless wash (not the si02) and haven't used it in a while because it felt like it was clogging up my Griots pfm towels so I just put it in my closet.

I normally would use meguiars gold class soap then also.
    I just bought some more Griots pfm towels along with some Reset car shampoo and I'm debating if I should toss the uber rinseless or just keep it for detail spray.

I would like to give it to my dad to maintain his brand new black toyota corolla or to do rinseless washing on his car because he lives in a apartment in Los Angeles and hoses are hard to use but not if it clogs towels.

Was I just using the uber rinseless wrong or do the Griots pfm towels clog easy? I tried using some chemical guys microfiber wash and 3d towel kleen a different time but they didn't do anything to help them absorb better.

My dad has never had a new car and he's just wiping the dust off with wet towels! I need to get him a better way asap

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do polymer soaps clog towels?

So you are saying you used your PFM's to dry the Uber Rinseless, and then next time your towels wouldn't absorb? I haven't used that wash in a long time, but I wouldn't expect it to effect the absorbency of your drying towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Give him the Uber. It doesn’t matter if it clogs towels or not just get him off plain water asap.

As far as PFM towels, I do believe they clog rather easy. All of mine have diminished to the point that the large 1 is next to useless for drying unless it’s used with some form of spray wax at this point. My small PFM’s aren’t far behind. I think it can happen to any towel though.

These days I keep any form of “drying aids” away from my good drying towels. Drying aids are dumb anyways.

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been riniseless washing for several years with difeeent products, including Uber and never had that problem. I have noticed that my towels seem to do better with P&S Rags to Riches to wash them in. I have PFM’s I’ve been using since they first came out.

Have you tried soaking the PFM’s in your microfiber detergent before washing? If you use drying aids they may clog the towels.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

6. Likes Texchappy, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my EGO to blow off as much as I can and dry with one 16x16 PFM. They're $10 so replacing them wouldn't be a big deal but I haven't had to using rags to riches.

Maybe try a surfactant based RW if you're concerned. Also, try soaking them immediately after using vs letting them dry.

Post Thanks / Like

And use white vinegar in the rinse cycle when you wash them

9. Likes Rmd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    These days I keep any form of “drying aids” away from my good drying towels.

^^^ This
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post
    I’ve been riniseless washing for several years with difeeent products, including Uber and never had that problem. I have noticed that my towels seem to do better with P&S Rags to Riches to wash them in. I have PFM’s I’ve been using since they first came out.

Have you tried soaking the PFM’s in your microfiber detergent before washing? If you use drying aids they may clog the towels.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    My next step is to soak them and then wash them. I don't want to toss them but if this doesn't work then I'll get rid of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently placed a order from autogeek, got it today and now I have some pinnacle microfiber wash to try. Warm water to soak them right guys?

I love the sales they have sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lalojamesliz View Post
    I recently placed a order from autogeek, got it today and now I have some pinnacle microfiber wash to try. Warm water to soak them right guys?
    If you're trying to restore absorbency, I'd use hot water, and I'd be using a lot more concentrated solution than normal. If it was me, I'd be using APC for a presoak.

14. Likes chilly, Prange liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast