autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lint-free Microfiber Towel Recommendation? Does such a thing exist?

Hi...Does anyone have any current recommendations for a decent microfiber to use with quick detailers that won't leave micro lint all over the finish? If not, what other towel options are out there these days that are considered safe to use with quick detailers?

Reason for asking...I've grown very frustrated with microfiber towels. I've tried quite a few different ones, several of which are from AutoGeek. In every case, either from new, or after only a few uses, I get micro lint left all over my vehicles when I use them. I've read all sorts of tips on proper washing...I wash them separate of other clothes or regular towels...generally washed in either cold or warm, delicate cycle, extra rinse, Tide Free liquid detergent, etc. I've tried air drying as well as running them on low-heat delicate cycle in the dryer. No matter what, I still end up with lint issues from all the ones I've tried. Along those lines, does microfiber-specific detergent make any real difference?

Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lint-free Microfiber Towel Recommendation? Does such a thing exist?

I have yet to try microfiber detergent myself. In my experience it's just the luck of the draw I haven't had any real linting issues from towels from various sources and I QD fairly often.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

3. Thanks DWS44 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I have yet to try microfiber detergent myself. In my experience it's just the luck of the draw I haven't had any real linting issues from towels from various sources and I QD fairly often.
    I quit overpaying for fancy microfiber detergents and switched to Tide Free & Clear thanks to you and it works just the same as the overpriced stuff.

As far as towels, I have a few [like a handfull] of those beagle edgeless style towels and I can see why people might like them for quick detail/waterless washing, but I usually just use the trusted Kirklands for quick detailing/waterless wash and I’ve never had them turn into a linting problem at all. I always dry my towels in the dryer and of course make sure to empty the lint trap prior to using the dryer.

5. Thanks DWS44 thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I continue to use Tide. I figured how much better can the fancy stuff be?

Post Thanks / Like

Lint-free Microfiber Towel Recommendation? Does such a thing exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Yep, I continue to use Tide. I figured how much better can the fancy stuff be?
    It’s crazy how inexpensive it is compared to the dedicated stuff. Like wow they overcharge. Lol.

I recently found a new variety of Tide clear that says it has more cleaning power. That’s what I’m using now.

8. Thanks dlc95 thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspected they would from the day they came out

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    As far as towels, I have a few [like a handfull] of those beagle edgeless style towels and I can see why people might like them for quick detail/waterless washing, but I usually just use the trusted Kirklands for quick detailing/waterless wash and I’ve never had them turn into a linting problem at all.
    Thanks for the suggestions...Would you have a link to either of the towels you mentioned? Did a quick Google for the beagle towels, but getting all dog stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DWS44 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions...Would you have a link to either of the towels you mentioned? Did a quick Google for the beagle towels, but getting all dog stuff.
    Costco Kirklands. Just make sure to cut the tags off before use, and always have a nice drying towel of your choice to dry with. [Griots PFM 16x16” can’t go wrong with those]

And the beagles are actually called Eagle Edgeless lol. I call em beagles since the few I have are knockoffs.

12. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For use on windows I only use a towel with looped construction like Griots PFM. I have a pile of various “glass” towels with diamond weave etc that lint. If it’s a cut fiber it lints on my cars.

Post Thanks / Like

If you’re not washing by themselves (MF only) that’s the culprit.

I run the washer once before doing Microfibers and will wipe down dryer with a damp old MF before drying my nicer towels.

I use to use Tide Free and clear and still do for drying and dirty towels. I find dedicated MF detergents get sealants and polish out better for me.

Rag company Rags to Riches is nice. Still think Griots is my favorite and the recommend a 50/50 mix with a F&C detergent to remove dirt better.

This is the video that got me see the benefits in mixing and also to use hot water.

Griot's Garage - Detailing Tip: How to care for your microfiber towels - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Thanks DWS44 thanked for this post
    Likes Prange liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast