Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
It reminds me of the guy who owned the detail shop I worked at. He was SO STUCK on the processes for SINGLE STAGE paint, he wouldn't even talk or think about if the same processes were appropriate for clear coated cars.
That reminds me of the earnest young man who graduated high school, and went to work at a dealer in the detail department, and was shown how to do things by the senior guy there who had worked there for 15 years. He found the forum, and found the info at the forum to be at odds with what his "boss" was telling him to do. I don't remember if it was here, or Autopia, or TID, or what, but he seemed genuinely confused as to how someone with 15 years experience could be so ill-informed on basic agreed-on forum detailing practices; I believe it was Todd Helme who told him not to look at it as 15 years experience, but that he was probably taught by someone else for 2 weeks, and he had just been putting his 2 weeks of training into practice for 15 years. I believe Todd put it a bit more eloquently than I just did.