autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Final step / Jewl polish

Hi all,

For once I dont have a bunch of mechanical projects going into the winter. I polished and properly ceramic coated my daily over the summer.now i get to focus on my "other" car. Its a 2014 S4, ive kept the paint decent, but i think it could be better before a 5 year coating. To that effect I have plenty of time to do a multi step process and be very very particular. My go to polish these days is sonax perfect finish. its got enough cut to deal with german paint, but it finishes really nice. What i want to know is if there is a step beyond perfect finish i can do to REALLY make the paint shine. Some things ive been considering: Uno Pure, Sonax Final, Koch Chemie micro cut, Car pro essence. Basically the goal is ultimate gloss. I have a coating i want to use that I know already kicks the gloss to crazy levels, so really focused on the final polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final step / Jewl polish

Esoteric use Perfect Finish on alot of high end cars to final stage with awsome results. As you know, it is a great product. But I also have done 2 steps with an ultra fine polish. I have Rupes Uno Pure and Xtreme Solutions Finish'er. I am equally happy with both of them. Hard to really see a gloss difference between the two. Or even Perfect Finish in there, they all leave great gloss results. Extra little quirks I like when working each product is I like Uno's smell. And Finish'er has such a long working time.
    I know there are seasoned experts on here that have used many products and have great recommendations. I am a weekend hobby guy, only used a few products.

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal favorite for absolute gloss is Carpro Essence with a Lake Country black HDO pad on a 8mm free spinning da.

It's time consuming and a bit difficult but a rotary with a black hdo pad and Menzerna 3800 will give amazing results if you can get it to finish without holograms, which on soft paint it's all but impossible, medium and hard paints obviously make it a bit easier task.
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

5. Likes Jackismydog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite for jeweling is the seafoam green LC CSS pad with Griot's boss perfecting cream on 8-9mm d/a speed 4 with very little pressure, even less than the weight of the tool itself.

Even though their blue pad is supposed to even softer, it just seems like the open cell green pad results in more gloss than the denser (maybe softer) closed cell of their white and blue pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you're set with polishes.

Maybe do like 98caynneTA said and try finishing pad or two.