autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My MF towels are linting

Hello all. I have a new car with Black paint that I have polished and I’m ready to coat w Exo v5. The problem is when I do my final wipe down the mf towels leave lint. I have all Cobra mf towels. I have tried the gold plush towels and I have tried the grey ones. I have tried the green short nap ones but everything seems to leave lint behind. I did notice when I was removing the Wolfgangs TSR that it was also very grabby. I am using Blackfire Paint Prep for my final wipe down and thought that the lint would come off when I did my final wipe down but that is sadly not the case. Just continues to leave lint. I have used existing used MGs and brand new out of the bag/box MFs. Any suggestions? The most luck I’ve had is using the short nap (back side) of the towels as opposed to the plush side. I can’t coat til I figure this out Thanks in advance.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My MF towels are linting

I hate when that happens, especially on the inside of the windshield. Do you have any waffle weave towels? I find they tend to lint less.

Post Thanks / Like

Wash them on the hot cycle, vinegar in the softener compartment, air dry. The water doesn't get hot enough to melt the fibers. You may have to do it a few times. The only linting I had was with TRC towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Avoid plush towels or anything with much nap. The pearl weave type towels are the best for no lint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    Wash them on the hot cycle, vinegar in the softener compartment, air dry. The water doesn't get hot enough to melt the fibers. You may have to do it a few times. The only linting I had was with TRC towels.
    Usually if you have lint problems, it's due to the towel, not the wash method, as I think is evidenced by your own experience that you shared. Surely you washed your TRC towels as you suggested, but...they linted, apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember long ago I bought a pack of MFs from a respected online vendor and they all linted. The vendor refunded my money
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

i think it's luck of the draw sometimes, you never know if you're going to get a batch of microfibers that are going to lint or not. i'll rewash again and use a lint roller after they are done drying and if they still lint, they get demoted to less important tasks and then tossed. it's frustrating but...
    i am the jump starter.

8. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Usually if you have lint problems, it's due to the towel, not the wash method, as I think is evidenced by your own experience that you shared. Surely you washed your TRC towels as you suggested, but...they linted, apparently.
    I had TRC tell me to re-wash them. I had to re-wash them twice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I hate when that happens, especially on the inside of the windshield. Do you have any waffle weave towels? I find they tend to lint less.
    I do have waffle weave towels. I use them for glass. Isnitnok to ise that on black paint. I’m afraid to u do all my polishing work.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

I did use mine straight out of the packaging. I think ai’ll wash them today and see if that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast