autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My MF towels are linting

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    I had TRC tell me to re-wash them. I had to re-wash them twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    I did use mine straight out of the packaging. I think ai’ll wash them today and see if that helps.
    My apologies, I presumed that these were towels that had been in use and had been washed. Yes, new towels can have lint that will be removed by washing, but also, as Visitor noted, you can just have a bad batch or worn out towels that lint, and washing doesn't help.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a bad batch. Washing didn't help and I was able to get a refund.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

4. Likes chilly, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    My apologies, I presumed that these were towels that had been in use and had been washed. Yes, new towels can have lint that will be removed by washing, but also, as Visitor noted, you can just have a bad batch or worn out towels that lint, and washing doesn't help.
    Well, I washed my new and some used Mf towels yesterday w hot water and some white distilled vinegar and then dried w very low heat. It didn’t help much. My guess is that its always been this way and I just didn’t notice because i’ve never had a black car. I usually have grey/ silver or white which are much more forgiving. Now that my polishing is complete I think I will wash the car w clean slate, dry w my leaf blower and griots garage drying towel which doesn’t seem to leave lint, and hope it does the trick. I do own some cheaper MF towels that I got in bulk probably from costco but I use these for interior and wheels. I’m afraid to use them on my black paint even though I have some brand new ones.

On a side note - I did notice that using the back side of a cobra purple towel linted much less. Still left a bit but not sure if I’m just seeing the remnants if what the other towels were leaving. If I budd w pressure I can get some of the lint off but thats going to end up causing more harm than good. For the record, I tried the following towels, some new and some used - cobra gold plush jr, cobra supreme 530, , cobra short nap green - think its called hunter utility, cobra plush purple. The one thing in common is they are all cobra. I think I’m going to start trying a different brand.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

@Bill D - I’ve had these since last year at least. I don’t think autogeek will replace them at this point. This last batch of supreme towels were sent to me as part of a replacement kit for a bad order of Blackfire Pro Ceramic coating Black Edition I had purchased. I just haven’t had much detailings luck lately.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12