autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheap/Cheaper/Economical Products in your stash

So bearing we're on a forum here yakkkking about detailing products, I suppose like minds have a bevy of products one must try, ahem hoard...

Are their any staple items in your stash that are just -regular- House Brands or the like
    I recall a reply or thread of one detailer who is familiar who all the boutique products for all the spectrums, but uses alot of the -commercial- $15 per gallon bottles of Superior Products, etc for shampoo, apc, TRF cleaner and the like. Nothing exotic in it's price but who prefers these as his dailys - as price : performance was on point with for his approach to car care .

I, myself, don't pay -that- much attention to how much I spend ......on the detailing side like any hobby, as I probably wouldn't have half the crap I have if I actually considered it.

And yes, I started this thread as I think I might order some of those Super Products just to see what the buzz is all about.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheaper/Cheaper/Economical Products in your stash

I may think of some others later, but my tire dressing applicators and the brush I use on wheel faces are both big-box store no-name brands. The grit guard in my wash bucket is a no-name as well I impulse bought while looking for something else at Harbor Freight.

The applicators I've bought from two different stores and maybe Amazon all under different brand names, but they are identical in every way. I don't think I've ever spent more than $5 for a set of two.

The wheel brush I bought from Walmart, again a store brand, and I love it. It's the softest wheel brush I've every encountered and it's lasted far longer than a previous Mother's branded one I've owned. I don't think I paid more than $10 for it.

I'll occasionally stroll through the auto care area of WalMart for these exact types of buys.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

3. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

not a regular brand, but I think it's a bargain

McKee's N-914.....1 oz in two gallons of water and it's a top shelf rw

i figure for the money I'll get about 120 washes from a gallon...the missing 8 oz will be due to spillage, i pour from the gallon into a shot glass when measuring it out

5. Likes PaulMys, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dark Fury by Superior will get tires and arches clean ASAP, even at very low dilution ratios

If you get the gallon and dilute it appropriately it is dirt cheap as an APC for exterior use

7. Likes bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cheap/Cheaper/Economical Products in your stash

Just probably plan to order the Cherry Shampoo and Road Warrior. Mainly just to gauge the many ++ I'm reading relative to price and performance. Their Iron Cleaner was well spoken for as well - but when compared trusted Iron Cleaners I use and nothing drastically *cheap* on this 1 gallon just, so I'll skip that.

Post Thanks / Like

Meg's HyperWash. Great Price for a gallon, lasts a long time, and it cleans very well.

DuraGloss 253 tire and rubber dressing. Cheap in price, and and it makes tires look great.

Collinite 476s, and 845. Cheap in price, works excellent, and the can or bottle lasts forever it seems.

SprayWay glass cleaner. About 2 bucks a can in the grocery store, and one of the best glass cleaners I have ever used.

Zap Cloth. Cheap, and it just plain works.

And just an add on as long as we are talking about cheap (economical) products........

Our new detailer kid at work bought the Bauer 5.7 amp 6" corded polisher at HF for $69.99 on sale. His first polisher. I used it for about 10 minutes on Tuesday. The damn thing runs pretty smooth and never got hot.

And it was way harder to stall out than a PC.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Just went to HF today and finally got HW. Now, gotta use up my existing wash and then I’ll try it.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

11. Likes SNP209, chilly, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

like many of you on here (and the viewing audience), i have a few products that overlap and can do the same like some others already in the arsenal. i have about 1/4 gallon left of super clean left that i'm using up at 4:1 on the tires and wheel wells. not going to re-buy it again, i like the GG Citrus APC better...
    i am the jump starter.

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LA's Awesome APC can't be beat for the price.

15. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mother's CMX surface prep spray ($11 for 24oz versus most panel wipes being 16oz for ~$20)
    Wolfgang uber sio2 ww $20 for 16oz which dilutes down into gallons and gallons of detail spray/waterless wash/drying aid/clay lube.
    Griot's Boss creams about $20 for 16oz versus most other quality polishes only being 8oz for $20.
    Meg's hyperwash gallon for $26 versus 32oz of carpro reset (I have both though)
    Malco microfiber detergent gallon for $26
    Rag company 300 edgeless gms 70/30% 16" towels (10pack) for $17 amazon
    Griot's Fallout remover gallon on sale periodically Amazon for $60 versus retail of $79 versus other popular brands being $80-120 for a gallon of iron-x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast